Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
9 Posts
Along those lines when i changed my fuel filters I did not prime it enough and got the low fuel pressure warning. After a couple cranks it started and the warning went away.
As someone else had mentioned too I let my fuel range get down to almost 50 miles and I had an instance where I parked my truck in a parking lot with a slight crown and my truck didn’t wanna start due to fuel being almost below the fuel pick up and it ended up taking several tries before it finally caught. Filled it up immediately afterwards.

Fyi if in California Propel makes a biodiesel that is superior to diesel No. 2 has better lubrication, higher cetane, and meets ASTM diesel standard. Truck runs quieter on the biodiesel.

·
2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel
28 Posts
Recently bought a 2016 Titan. Well the low fuel pressure service fuel system warning came on. Replaced both fuel filters and primed system as required. Now it’ll start but it cranks numerous times before it does, the fuel system warning is still on and when i drive it just a few miles the check engine light comes on along with reduced power. Everything I’ve been reading I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a lift pump issue?? I want to order one but 900$ without knowing for sure is a lot. Any ideas?
You do realize that each priming instance needs to be at least 90 seconds, right? If you're not priming for at least 180sec, you're doing it wrong.

·
2016 Nissan Titan XD Diesel
28 Posts
If you or someone changed the filters WITHOUT disconnecting both battery negatives, your pump was damaged.
Same thing happened on my 2016 XD. Mine ran for a week before crapping out. Put the new pump in, end of problems.
I read that the 2016 pumps had issues and were easy to damage. The replacement pump was a newer model.

If anyone has a good diesel mechanic in the Los Angeles area please let me know.
Stay away from Top Notch Diesel. About 2 years ago they were great. All the old management is gone.
The new crew is,,, I'd rather not say. Just beware.

Good luck with your truck!

I and many others have changed the fuel filters many times without disconnecting the battery terminals. It sounds like they made a quick buck off of you.

The priming procedure needs to be at least 90seconds for each instance of priming (need to do it x2 at least). If you weren't doing that, then that is what caused it, it sounds like you had some residual air in your fuel system.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here’s a little update. Currently had a fass lift pump installed, completely deleted the truck. Ran perfect for 2 days and boom, low fuel pressure light comes back on. I noticed that my battery terminals were very corroded though and i talked to someone that said there battery caused a ton of issues all because of improper connection. So onto the next step lol. Kindve becoming ridiculous at this point

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,026 Posts
You do realize that each priming instance needs to be at least 90 seconds, right? If you're not priming for at least 180sec, you're doing it wrong.
I'm not convinced.

I replace the top filter first, then the frame filter. I do one prime cycle and my truck starts normally afterwards. Fuel Filters done with every oil change.

·
1,129 Posts
Here’s a little update. Currently had a fass lift pump installed, completely deleted the truck. Ran perfect for 2 days and boom, low fuel pressure light comes back on. I noticed that my battery terminals were very corroded though and i talked to someone that said there battery caused a ton of issues all because of improper connection. So onto the next step lol. Kindve becoming ridiculous at this point
What did you find was the cause of your P009E code? Have you done any testing of the fuel system such as fuel pressure readings of both the low and high pressure systems?

·
1,026 Posts
I’ve done bottom first then top, then prime and I’ve never had an issue
I don’t think the order of filters particularly matters. Just my order of operations. Oil change(edit: includes startup), top filter, empty pan, relocate to rear filter, reuse pan, rear filter. One prime cycle, engine start.

·
1,129 Posts
I don’t think the order of filters particularly matters. Just my order of operations. Oil change(edit: includes startup), top filter, empty pan, relocate to rear filter, reuse pan, rear filter. One prime cycle, engine start.
The order in which the filters are changed does not matter. And there is no need to prime after each filter is changed or to disconnect the batteries as someone else stated.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The order in which the filters are changed does not matter. And there is no need to prime after each filter is changed or to disconnect the batteries as someone else stated.

Okay boys and ladies, i fixed it. I spent a total of 3k give or take to find out that my battery terminals were not properly connecting. Cleaned those babies up and all my lights went off. Lol. Pretty weird that all those sensors and lights are because of my better cable ends. So dumb

·
1,026 Posts
Okay boys and ladies, i fixed it. I spent a total of 3k give or take to find out that my battery terminals were not properly connecting. Cleaned those babies up and all my lights went off. Lol. Pretty weird that all those sensors and lights are because of my better cable ends. So dumb
All Nissans have some weird relationship with their batteries. Everything would flicker on the frontier, replaced the battery all the flickering warning lights stopped flickering.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What did you find was the cause of your P009E code? Have you done any testing of the fuel system such as fuel pressure readings of both the low and high pressure systems?
not sure what the problem with that code was, my fuel pressure system ran at proper psi the shop i took it to said. But i could’ve saved myself a ton of money by starting with the batteries. Also i did some research about the fass lift pumps and they are amazing. The amount of filtration they have is sooooooo much better than oem

21 - 36 of 36 Posts