Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a 2016 Ram Laramie is being built right now, 3.92 gears and a 0-60 over 3 seconds faster than the XD... It will tow over 10k and the payload is a little over 1,500 lbs. It has all the bells and whistles and is fully loaded and I got 10k off sticker... So I could have gotten a couple hundreds more lbs. and towed another 1500 lbs. or so with the XD... at what cost?????

Nissan's marketing been been unethical and they've practiced in bad faith over the past 11 moths. The new Detroit auto show is 5 weeks away and THERE ARE STILL NO TITAN XD's on the showroom floors- what a joke! I followed the release loyally and after 12 months off waiting said screw it. What genius decided to have a 7,500 lb truck that's priced basically the same as other diesel's considering the others have hundreds and hundreds more lb. ft. of tq and far better capabilities!

Nissan should come out with a formal written apology to anyone on the Titan XD news letter for stringing everyone along for a year and still no product. That's a sad way to do business. Anyway I wanted to get this off my chest, I can't wait for my new Ram, that hemi is going to be sweet! I tow 10% of the time, so I was looking forward to the XD being a lot quicker and not such a slug of a truck, also with the cost of ownership and servicing of a diesel, 17 returned MPG is sad.

Good luck and I wish you all the best, maybe if they announce the 2017 Titan it will be available before 2020!

·
8 Posts
Check out the stats from the latest consumer reports. The RAM rated one of the worse trucks when it comes to reliability. I just hope the people who buy a RAM will be happy in the long run.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dieselcraig- I think you'll be yawning waiting for this thing to drop, or accelerating onto an on-ramp. In NY slow vehicles aren't waited for.

In all seriousness, I was here following the whole time too; but you all can't actually pretend you're content with how this has all gone- it's sad.

I did see that consumer report.. I think when you sell the volume that Ram does it's easy for people to cry. I think a lot of the headache came with the ecodiesel emission issues that. The hemi is bulletproof. I have a frontier crew cab with the long bed now. Thing squeaks like no tomorrow, and has a bad CAT at 81k. No my experience would blow from a consumers standpoint. Plus the breather kept popping off the rear axle and losing oil. We'll see what happens but this 3rd production year of the gen 4 Rams should be solid.

·
23 Posts
No manufacturer is obligated to release a car or detailed info at a certain time or announce pricing at a certain time. It is not uncommon for pricing to be released when the actual cars hit the lots. Nissan stated that the truck would be released in the last leg of 2015... YOU and everyone else jumping ship were the ones that decided to wait. And everyone that is jumping ship still would have done so if everything came out earlier because in the back of your mind, your mind was already made up. Some other reason would have been found to not like and get the truck and get the one you really wanted all along.

·
608 Posts
Not clear on this...

Pretty sure the Titan will be quite capable. I'd be nervous to buy anything associated with FCA.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
More proof of what is wrong with modern civilization. The need for instant gratification.

Good things come to those that wait. Usually.

·
7 Posts
Waiting over a year is far from "instant gratification". I want this whole wait to work out as much as anyone but you cannot seriously argue that Nissan has handled this rollout flawlessly. I stopped by my local Nissan dealer for the 3rd time last night and finally got a hit on an ETA: February 28th. Still no price, but if I want a black (never) Platinum I could be first on the list. I have no faith in that date either. I must admit if it was any other color I would have put money down for right of first refusal.

I have plenty of patience and completely understand the original posters frustration. I do have to admit, the Rams are nice looking, and priced right, but not for me.

Given what I have seen so far, what makes anyone think that they will miraculously handle the implementation of the final product? All thumbs so far.

·
44 Posts
Marketing is a separate entity from engineering and manufacturing. We will have to see what the engineering ended up like. The marketing portion of this rollout leaves alot to be desired.

·
91 Posts
I have to somewhat agree with the OP. Nissan has failed to deliver on this whole project. They had every opportunity (and oodles of time) to make this right. Make it a real true SLAP in the domestic 3's face. But If anything it's more of a pat on the wrist lol. However, I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. Vehicles are vehicles...they are everywhere and can be had at anytime. I think I'm just going to sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch the rest of this story unfold. I'm not going to be one of those first buyers paying full msrp, and sacrificing on options (and potentially reliability) for the first model year.

·
608 Posts
Sure the rollout may be flawed, but ultimately it is the truck itself that matters, and I figure that the rollout is only being handled the way it is because of things that must be done to make sure the truck is up to standard in the end.

·
492 Posts
Sure the rollout may be flawed, but ultimately it is the truck itself that matters, and I figure that the rollout is only being handled the way it is because of things that must be done to make sure the truck is up to standard in the end.
We can only hope!

·
340 Posts
Well congrats dude, glad you found a truck that makes you happy and suits your needs. Not sure why some of the others are so mad. The Titans not for you and it might not be for lots of people...oh well... enjoy your new truck and the best of luck!

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks a lot to the fellow members who have understood my point, thank you also for congratulating me on the new purchase. Trust me, I swore up and down and argued the XD's badass appear to all my big 3 fan boy friends, but at the end of the day you need to call a spade a spade. The whole deployment of this vehicle is really horrible. I can't believe pricing still isn't available, and it appears per one dealer a platinum reserve will be 61k, I don't get it because a power stroke with leather is less than that, to to mention much more powerful and robust. Think about it logically, there must be a reason things have been so hush-hush and something must not have gone correctly. I wanted the Cummins, but when the weight came out at 7400 lbs I knew this wasn't the truck for me. I respect they engineered a beefy capable truck but the whole point of a "5/8"'s ton truck was to be just that, not weigh a few hundred pounds less than a true 3/4. Overall the first post was to vent, I did wait and I wasn't planning on jumping ship but at the end of the day, my truck needs a cat, new tires, new brakes (original brakes at 84k), and the suspension squeaks.. I can't wait on anything any longer, so the Laramie is being built as we speak. I will still be active in the threat because I think the truck has a lot of potential and am dying to see what the tuners come out with once they're more regularly available. I do think Nissan owes it to anyone on the list who's been getting updates a FAT incentive for their lack of delivery. My .02

1 - 20 of 36 Posts