Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can we expect pricing on the 2016 Nissan Titan Diesel to be like?

Currently, this is how the Nissan Titan S, SV & PRO-4X is priced:

Nissan Titan Pricing:
  • Nissan Titan S: $29,360
  • Nissan Titan SV: $31,790
  • Nissan Titan PRO-4X: $37,580

·
608 Posts
So is the Nissan Titan Diesel going to be priced at the top of this range, higher than the PRO-4X at $37,580?

I figure that Nissan is going to have to undercut the Ram EcoDiesel if it wants to be successful.

·
55 Posts
Its not going to be offered as a package, like what you listed as above. It will be offered as a standalone option, an engine upgrade. They want to make it easy as possible for people to get on board with the Cummins.

Granted they may lock it in early to maximize returns...

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not going to be offered as a package, like what you listed as above. It will be offered as a standalone option, an engine upgrade. They want to make it easy as possible for people to get on board with the Cummins.

Granted they may lock it in early to maximize returns...
That would be awesome, best way to go about it. Wouldn't like to see them do it any other way, it's also probably best for them, to help get the sales volume they're aiming for.

·
340 Posts
the RAM carries a $2,850 premium for the Diesel engine. The Motori in the ram has been and is currently used in several other projects as well from FCA. I believe this is the first application of the Cummins 5.0? (correct me if im wrong)

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I know, this is the first time they're using the 5.0L Engine. But to note, information about this engine has been out for some time now, since at least mid-2013

·
37 Posts
According to some posts on the net, production of “commercial” version ofISV 5.0 will start in Q4 of 2014. There are a lot other than Titan applicationsfor the same engine. School busses, RVs, you name it.

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to some posts on the net, production of “commercial” version ofISV 5.0 will start in Q4 of 2014. There are a lot other than Titan applicationsfor the same engine. School busses, RVs, you name it.
That is correct, it's what I discovered on the cummins website.
It's great to see that this is the case, which has me thinking that it will lower the cost for replacement parts being an engine to be used in a wide range of vehicles.

·
81 Posts
So is the Nissan Titan Diesel going to be priced at the top of this range, higher than the PRO-4X at $37,580?

I figure that Nissan is going to have to undercut the Ram EcoDiesel if it wants to be successful.
If that's the case it should start lower than the PRO-4X. Ram 1500 ED starts at just over $36k

·
608 Posts
If that's the case it should start lower than the PRO-4X. Ram 1500 ED starts at just over $36k
Well I guess this would all work out then. They could price it right under the Ram 1500 at ~$35k. That would be a price that I would be happy with.

·
313 Posts
My guess is somewhere between the 1500 and 2500 diesel trucks.

The premium for a 2500 Diesel over a 1500 gasser is way up there: maybe US$15K?

My guess is that the Nissan Cummins premium would be less, otherwise folks would just get a 2500+diesel.

Maybe US$7-10K ??

So A US$30K truck would become US$37-40K ??

·
81 Posts
Some may disagree but I think Nissan has to undercut the competition, it's what would give them a good edge up, maybe not above the competition but it will at least make them look better.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts

·
608 Posts
I think they should undercut the other brands as well. Not by much at all though. Just a hair. Nissan must know it will be hard to break people away from their allegiance with the American brands.

·
28 Posts
If the base price on the XD is $55,000usd, it's going to be another $10-12,000 Canadian, optioned out that would make it $70,000+. If it's that expensive it won't move very many units here in Canada. Why pay $70k for a heavy half ton when you can get a 3/4 Ton Dodge Cummins for much less.
Starting price is way off, nobody is buying 65 000CAD for a base model truck. Base Ram with the Cummins is 55 000CAD and on top of that, you get quite of few rebates. Plus when you factor in loyalty to brand, the Titan wont sell at that price.

·
214 Posts
Can't be that high.

The current base Titan is 42k Cad, I wouldn't expect the new base diesel XD to be more than 10k Cad more if they want to sell any.

·
214 Posts
Yeah, it must be a mistake.
It's no mistake. By spreading the rumour out that it's going to be 55k, the big 3 will try to offer a similar package & price point to match. Once they commit to their price list just before 'in late 2015', you low ball them and reel in the sales.

Nobody find it odd that the engine is making 555 lb-ft?
Or that they say that you can tow 12000lbs + ?

Any numbers we see, we'll have to take with a grain of salt.

·
11 Posts
It's no mistake. By spreading the rumour out that it's going to be 55k, the big 3 will try to offer a similar package & price point to match. Once they commit to their price list just before 'in late 2015', you low ball them and reel in the sales.

Nobody find it odd that the engine is making 555 lb-ft?
Or that they say that you can tow 12000lbs + ?

Any numbers we see, we'll have to take with a grain of salt.
Sounds like a conspiracy theory no offense. I was thinking maybe the ultra high end trim was 55k. Triple nickel just sounds cool though.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts