Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Who is excited about all the new engine options. I know the Cummins 5.0 is the talk of the town, but I am also excited to hear the the smaller Titan will get a gas v8 with variable valve timing, perhaps a VK56VD? What have you all heard? If getting a 2016, which route are you going?

Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel with 310hp / 555tq exclusive to the Titan XD

Gas V8 5.6L ?????

Gas V6 ????

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
variable valve timing is pretty old.

My Q45 has variable valve timing and the engine in it came to market in 1989. For a 4.5L v8 it has fantastic available torque. When the vvt kicks in at 4000 rpm you can hear and feel it.

What is really interesting is that there are a number of head design similarities between the VH45DE and the ISV.

·
608 Posts
I'd prefer the diesel. That is assuming that it has better fuel economy and good capability still. Not completely dead set, but that is the way I am leaning.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
variable valve timing is pretty old.

My Q45 has variable valve timing and the engine in it came to market in 1989. For a 4.5L v8 it has fantastic available torque. When the vvt kicks in at 4000 rpm you can hear and feel it.

What is really interesting is that there are a number of head design similarities between the VH45DE and the ISV.
ahhh I meant VVEL, which is Nissans system. As well as direct injection, like what is found on the Q70 VK56VD

·
41 Posts
Fuel economy and pocket economy will determine my choice. I was always happy with my 4wd 07' with the 3:36 gears, but fuel economy sucked.
I don't usually tow more than 9,000 lbs so the new gasser could be enough for me, but really.....only the test drive will tell.

·
9 Posts
After owning two Titans (2005 and 2010) and holding off for the new Titan HD I think my next truck will likey be a GMC or Ford. I don't want or need a diesel (or trust the future expenses a new diesel may entain), but the HD version with a gas engine would fit the bill for me. Unfortunately Nissan has provided no details whether such a vehicle will ever exist. In addition I went through my service file for both the Titans I owner and found a lot of bad memories. Brake judder, cab vibrations, cracking tires, rusted/corroded reverse light sockets, and fuel tank vent valve. Every vehicle will have some issues and I accept that. What I have a hard time accepting is Nissan's handling of these issues. Each one required me to argue, fight, write letters, etc. to the get the issue resolved and in most cases it cost me $$$ that I felt Nissan should have stepped up and covered. At this point I am pretty luke warm about Nissan and their new trucks. I hope that changes as I had high expectations from the new Titan model.

·
363 Posts
I read somewhere it's a slightly different appearance related to the smaller engine and reduced pickup capabilities.

·
1 Posts
Gray-Daniels Nissan North 2016 Titan Event

Hey truck lovers,

On Wednesday December 2 from 5 PM – 8 PM, Gray-Daniels Nissan North has been chosen to be the exclusive dealer in Jackson to show a preview of the all-new Mississippi made 2016 Nissan Titan. Gray-Daniels Nissan North will be having a party to celebrate the 2016 Titan’s arrival, so if you have mud in your blood, we want you to come help us celebrate! We will have Nissan Titan Launch Teams on site to answer every single one of your questions about this Mississippi made 2016 Nissan Titan. Click the link below for more information about this event you cannot miss. There will be food and other truck enthusiasts, so come on down to Gray-Daniels Nissan North on Wednesday December 2 from 5 PM – 8 PM and see this Mississippi made 2016 Nissan Titan! Call 601-899-7400 or click the link below for more information.

http://www.graydanielsnissanofjackson.com/2016-titan-event.htm?utm_source=Forums&utm_medium=Forums&utm_campaign=TitanEvent

·
24 Posts
Hey truck lovers,

On Wednesday December 2 from 5 PM – 8 PM, Gray-Daniels Nissan North has been chosen to be the exclusive dealer in Jackson to show a preview of the all-new Mississippi made 2016 Nissan Titan. Gray-Daniels Nissan North will be having a party to celebrate the 2016 Titan’s arrival, so if you have mud in your blood, we want you to come help us celebrate! We will have Nissan Titan Launch Teams on site to answer every single one of your questions about this Mississippi made 2016 Nissan Titan. Click the link below for more information about this event you cannot miss. There will be food and other truck enthusiasts, so come on down to Gray-Daniels Nissan North on Wednesday December 2 from 5 PM – 8 PM and see this Mississippi made 2016 Nissan Titan! Call 601-899-7400 or click the link below for more information.

http://www.graydanielsnissanofjackson.com/2016-titan-event.htm?utm_source=Forums&utm_medium=Forums&utm_campaign=TitanEvent
Is this just a Q & A event or will people be able to test drive?

·
492 Posts
I didn't think that the non XD Titian would look much different at all. Are you expecting significant cosmetic changes?
The front end will be smaller. The bed may be lower if they drop the hood line.
The original design had the hood raised, then bed raised to meet the higher hood line.
Let's hope that the non-XD looks more like the concept drawings.
I expect it to have a lower hood and a shorter front grill, and last but not least, No ugly cummins badge :devil:

·
19 Posts
I expect it to have a lower hood and a shorter front grill, and last but not least, No ugly cummins badge :devil:[/QUOTE]
Wish they would get rid of the goofy vent and put the Cummins emblem back on.

·
857 Posts
I expect it to have a lower hood and a shorter front grill, and last but not least, No ugly cummins badge :devil:
Wish they would get rid of the goofy vent and put the Cummins emblem back on.[/QUOTE]

That along with the fender badge removed or done in such a way it's not much of an eye sore. Not everyone is going to agree with that statement but it's just my opinion on the badge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts