Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Spy photographers caught some shots of a 2016 Nissan Titan Prototype testing its turbo diesel engine on public roads. The prototype is in heavy camouflage, so we don't really get too much new information.

The Nissan Titan will run on a new Cummins turbo-diesel engine. It is a 5.0-liter V8 engine that has about 300 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque.

The 2016 Nissan Titan will be available in crew cab, extended cab and regular cab variants. Production should start in September 2015.

Can you glean any new or interesting information from these spy shots?

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the big tow mirrors are a good move. Should help the Titan to stand up to the competition better.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea not much to be gleaned it looks like. I am hoping that means that there is a bit of a surprise somewhere under there then. I don't think they would cover the lights that much if there wasn't something interesting about them.

·
313 Posts
Note: 6 lug wheels
Oh-oh. Missed this earlier.

Don't know of any high payload trucks ("heavy-half") with only 6 lugs, except the new 2015 F150 with HD Payload option, but they have a light weight Al body and don't have the heavy diesel engine. It's a light weight truck with payloads well over 2000#.

The 2014 F150 with HD Payload option and the old steel body has 7 lug wheels and payloads also well over 2000#.

I sure hope Nissan is targeting the "heavy-half" market, but I don't see how they can do that with only 6 lug wheels in a steel bodied truck and a heavy diesel engine. If it can't haul more than 2000# what's the point of having that big diesel in it?

·
81 Posts
Too bad at this point it doesn't seem like something they would be changing since they seem well into the R&D process

1 - 10 of 10 Posts