Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ahead of the Nissan Titan's premier next month at the Detroit auto show we have some spy shots that give us a good look at the new truck.

We can see in these spy shots that the new Titan will have a new grille with with a frame design close to the Murano. The headlamps also have gone through a redesign with aLED accents now. You can see that there are sensors in the lower section of the Titan's bumper, which indicates the truck will come with new safety technology.

It also looks like we have a larger cabin and larger rear doors. The rear lights of the Titan look like they have Nissan's fish hook design, but its not completely clear.

Anything else you can notice in these spy shots?

·
492 Posts
It appears that the center of the grille is pushed forward compared to the earlier design. There is a steel cover on the differential, and it may be larger. I still see 6 lug wheels. Larger cargo/ center brake light.
This one seems to have a towing package.
Sensors on rear bumper, and possible blind spot/lane sensors in the sides of the mirrors.

·
340 Posts
Looks like an F-150 with stickers.

I'm curious though, what does this mean???

We can see in these spy shots that the new Titan will have a new grille with with a frame design close to the Murano. The headlamps also have gone through a redesign with aLED accents now. You can see that there are sensors in the lower section of the Titan's bumper, which indicates the truck will come with new safety technology.
the grill looks nothing like the murano, or were you referring to the actual frame, which in that case how can you tell????

·
857 Posts
Definitely looks like a Nissan truck to me. Glad to see it make some progress. One of the more obvious things clearly seen here are the projectors, no way they could have done without those.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that you can see a bit of what is happening on the frame of the grille. You can tell there is a bit of a slant to the frame. There will be that silver chrome bar that outlines the grille.

·
340 Posts
I think that you can see a bit of what is happening on the frame of the grille. You can tell there is a bit of a slant to the frame. There will be that silver chrome bar that outlines the grille.

you think that looks like this???

·
81 Posts
@Forge not sure what you're seeing, they look quite different to me.

The Titan's grille only has a few degree's of angle going on, still far off from what you suggest you're seeing.

·
81 Posts
corp face wont work here, the NAvara is ugly for example...
That is especially true with the segment they're trying to tap into coming from what the outgoing titan is. If they want to speak to the customers within this segment that's new to them they'll have to do things like this that they could possibly respond to better than some Navara front end Titan :D

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I guess I am thinking that the grille will be similar to the grille on the Navara. The Titan's will be a bit more boxy or square, but I think it will be in that style. Hopefully it will look better than the Navar's though since it's not my favorite.

·
340 Posts
Yea I guess I am thinking that the grille will be similar to the grille on the Navara. The Titan's will be a bit more boxy or square, but I think it will be in that style. Hopefully it will look better than the Navar's though since it's not my favorite.

well just look..

I'm sure there will be no doubt the two are related, but cousins not brothers...

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well just look..

I'm sure there will be no doubt the two are related, but cousins not brothers...
Agreed on that. There is obviously going to be difference between them but I think you can pretty well imagine what the grille will look like in the end. The Navara has the lower half of the grille cut off with the bumper kind of, and the Titan won't have that.

·
81 Posts
Not a bad transition from from the Navara to the new Titan...

Scrolling from one to the other i can almost see the morphing process happening :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts