Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 Titan XD diesel. 2 days ago the radio stopped producing sound. No audio from any source. Not the C.D player, xm radio, am/fm, nav, nothing....

Today I took it in to nissan and they reprogrammed the radio. However this did not fix the issue and I still have no sound.

I check the 3 fuses in the glove compartment and all seem good. One was 20a and two were 15a.

It does have the Rockford setup with the sub under the front passenger seat.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix? So far I have not been able to find any solutions online.

·
503 Posts
If you are certain the fuses are ok (even swap them with fresh new ones just to be sure) then this sounds much more like an amp failure, (or perhaps just a wiring or output plug/connector failure) I don't know if the amp is a separate component or is built in to the main unit but a complete failure of all sound signal to any/all the speakers at once...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are certain the fuses are ok (even swap them with fresh new ones just to be sure) then this sounds much more like an amp failure, (or perhaps just a wiring or output plug/connector failure) I don't know if the amp is a separate component or is built in to the main unit but a complete failure of all sound signal to any/all the speakers at once...

I will replace the fuses and see if that fixes it. I really think it has to do with the sub. My guess is the amp is bad, bad fuse on the amp? There could also be a disconnection between the amp and the sub or the sub could have a bad chip it it has one.

Does anyone know where the amp is in the truck?

·
250 Posts
...Does anyone know where the amp is in the truck?
I was looking at some video (installation of Phoenix audio stuff), and unless I am mistaken, the main amp is in a DIN stack behind the screen/controls in the dash.

Anyone confirm?

Russ

·
503 Posts
Pretty sure the amp is up near the firewall just above the brake pedal and adjustment mechanics for the pedal.

You should be looking for a silver box that has a couple of connectors, a blue one and a white one..

(Photo copied from another person's [justin311] post)
Titan_XD_amp_location.jpg

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I have replaced the 3 radio fuses. I have disconected the batters for about 1 min. Still no audio... I believe the amp is behind the radio on the second gen titans. I have made an appointment with and Audio shop in hopes they can figure out the cause. I will update after my appointment in about 2 weeks.

·
250 Posts
Did ur '16 get upgraded to the 5 year warranty? If so, it'll be covered.... I mean, they DID try reprogram it, right?

Russ

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Did ur '16 get upgraded to the 5 year warranty? If so, it'll be covered.... I mean, they DID try reprogram it, right?

Russ
* Since the truck is a 2016 it may not be under warranty as I thought. Looks like 2016 only received 3 year 36k bumper to bumper warranty*. I already had nissan flash the head unit and it did not fix the problem. They told me that was all they could do. I did message nissan and they responded, it is up to a dealership. See message below. At this point it looks like Im going to have to pay out of my own pocket.(n)

Thank you for contacting Nissan North America and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

Regarding your request for vehicle coverages, Nissan is not in the position to provide vehicle service contract or warranty coverage information. Nissan depends on its dealers to provide any and all warranty coverage concerns as they are in the best position to assess the vehicle and determine whether a part is warrantable or not.

We recommend contacting the Service Department of your local Nissan dealer with any warranty inquiries.

Thank you again for contacting Nissan North America.

Sincerely,

Nissan

___
Deshaun
Consumer Affairs Representative
Nissan North America, Inc.

·
250 Posts
Well, hell - Have they generally been responsive to you?
I'd go in there and make a bit of a scene in their sales area - "I'd like to speak to the manager about your dealership not honoring Nissan Warranty" - type thing... but that's me!

Alternatively, take the Nissan message you got, print it out, and set up a meeting with the dealership GM, and ask him to explain how it is that his dealership seems to be indifferent to your legitimate warranty claim?

Good luck

Russ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts