Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While we wait for Nissan to open order banks, the configurator and more on the 2016 Titan, here you’ll find some of the latest and greatest information and discussions happening now. Order banks are expected to open as soon as early June 2015 so make sure to check the forums for the latest!

Pricing Expectations

Nissan said it would cost no more than any other 1/2 ton which would make it around v635k$ - 60k$ for full load diesel
didn't nissan say somewhere that the ISV will cost less then the Motori in the RAM Ecodiesel?

Which would indicate to me that yes there will be a gas engined XD and the upgrade cost will be less then $7K...
My guess is Nissan isn't going to price these things low enough for mass-market appeal but they will price them low enough to capture some of the 2500 market. I don't see anyone being able to buy a well equipped diesel Titan for anything less than 45k. Just guessing, but I would expect the engine to be at least a $5000 option. I think Nissan will sell a decent number of these things to those who tow trailers that weigh 7000-12,000 pounds. That's a frightening amount of weight for most of the 1500s and should be nothing for the Cummins. It's nothing for the larger diesels but you have to pay a pretty penny to get one of those. Nissan is going to want to stay under that amount by a noticeable number.

Dealer Order Banks

Was just in donlen hoping to find out when order banks or production might begin, unfortunately that still remains TBD.

http://donlen.com/buildstart-nissan.aspx

However what we do know is that orderbanks for the current gen truck stopped on May 1st 2015. Looking at the rest of the chart there seems to be a month difference between 2015 orders ending and 2016 starting up. So unless there is significant changeover that needs to be done I'd expect Titan XD orderbanks to open in early June....
Oh wow!

The dealership estimated augest/September the order guides would show up!

First Look: Start Up & Idle

Thanks to FourWheeler we now have the first up and close review of the Titan XD! They included a video of the startup sound as well to really make us drool:

Enjoy!

Titan Walkthrough with Nissan Canada Executive

Rich Miller, Director of Product Planning for Trucks and SUVS at Nissan gives a thorough walk around of the Next Generation 2016 Nissan Titan.

Aftermarket Goodies! Titan XD undergoes "measuring session" at SEMA garage
(See Also: Titan Tuning - What would you guys like to see on the Titan?)

In partnership with Nissan and Cummins, the SEMA Garage hosted an exclusive first preview “measuring session” of the 2016 Nissan TITAN XD Crew Cab 4x4. Powered by the new Cummins 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel engine, the new TITAN XD is the first of the new-generation of Nissan TITAN models, combining the towing and hauling of larger, more expensive heavy-duty trucks with the fuel-efficiency and affordability of half-ton pickups.

The Relationship Between Nissan and Cummins

The sixth chapter of Nissan’s “TITAN TRUCKUMENTARY” delves into the relationship between Nissan and Cummins, Inc., the storied engine manufacturer that has played a pivotal role in bringing the 2016 TITAN XD to life.

Better Than The Ram EcoDiesel?

The Nissan Titan XD has had a lot of work put into it. It's clear that Nissan doesn't just want a participation ribbon. They want to really compete in the truck segment. A great truck to measure against is the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. Up until the introduction of the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel there was no diesel available in the full-size pickup segment. Nissan saw that success and set their aim on beating out Ram for that top diesel spot.

The Nissan Titan XD is using an all-new 5.0L Cummins V8 Turbo Diesel. It comes out on top of the Ram's 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel in every measure (though we don't know about fuel economy yet.) The Titan's diesel engine has 310 horsepower, and produces a whopping 555 lb-ft of torque. Compare that to the EcoDiesel that has 240 horsepower, and 420 lb-ft of torque.

When it comes to capability the Titan XD also beats out the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. The Titan's >2,000 lbs payload beats out the 1,620 lbs payload of the Ecodiesel. It also beats it out on towing capacity with the Titan being able to handle >12,000 lbs and the EcoDiesel only capable of 9,200 lbs.

Perhaps Chrysler will be kicking itself for declining Cummins' offer to provide the 5.0L V8 for the Ram 1500.

With the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel receiving a record 8,000 orders in the three days after its launch, Nissan is undoubtedly hoping that they can see similar success by offering the same thing, but bigger. Fuel economy could favor the EcoDiesel, and there will be some who want to go with the smaller size of the EcoDiesel as well, but the US is a country where bigger is better when it comes to trucks. If Nissan can offer the biggest, most capable, and best diesel truck in the segment, Ram should be scared and so should the others in the segment as well.

·
16 Posts
Wish I knew how tall that guy Rich Miller is. At the point where he is standing next to the back end the tail gate is as high as the top of his shoulder. That's pretty tall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts