Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took my Titan XD SL in for the first service. I had a list of things I wanted them to do and fix.
1. Oil change
2. Alignment
3. 3rd brake light crack
4. Recall
5. Transmission update
6. Dead pedal update
7. Rotate tires
Everything got taken care of under my service plan EXCEPT for one thing. The only thing nissan couldn't explain or do is the alignment. The service manager said they got it on the rack three times and it shows good but every time they take it for a test drive it kept pulling hard to right. It took them all day to work on it and they still can't figure it out. They ran out of time today because they had it from 7am until 430pm which is the time they close. Nissan didn't have a loaners for me and I have to go back first thing tomorrow morning to see if they can resolve the issue. The service manager said he even took it for a test drive and it drives straight until he hits any small bump in the road and they it starts to pull to the right. I'll take it back tomorrow morning and I'll keep you guys posted to see if it gets fixed.

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the service manager and tech trying to figure out why it's pulling right.

Attachments

·
901 Posts
Its nice to hear of a good experience with nissan service. You hear of the odd one but most of the time its how crappy people are treated and nothing gets done but it sounds like these guys are doing what they’re supposed to do. Thsts all most people want.
As for the alignment,I thought that was all figured out with changed specs on how to get it straight but maybe somethings up with yours.
Good luck.

·
35 Posts
My dealer doesn't even have an alignment machine that will work on the XD's. Wish I had bought it from another dealer.

·
570 Posts
Mines stock and hangs right. Does anyone have a reference to the right alignment numbers or updates for Nissan?

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mines stock and hangs right. Does anyone have a reference to the right alignment numbers or updates for Nissan?
If anyone has the specs then maybe I can refer Nissan to those specs. I'm headed there now for day number 2 to see if they can fix it

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its nice to hear of a good experience with nissan service. You hear of the odd one but most of the time its how crappy people are treated and nothing gets done but it sounds like these guys are doing what they’re supposed to do. Thsts all most people want.
As for the alignment,I thought that was all figured out with changed specs on how to get it straight but maybe somethings up with yours.
Good luck.
Here in Hawaii there is only 2 Nissan dealerships and the other dealer is about 100 miles away. Even though they are the same company I think they compete to have their own set of loyal customers so people don't flip flop back and forth to the other dealer. I've always have good experiences with Nissan and this is my second Titan that I bought from Nissan and so far they have always took care of me so I'm curious to see how this will play out.

·
570 Posts
Any news on this? Dealership tells me my truck is "to spec" and they can't adjust it any more. But still hangs right.

·
701 Posts
My dealer doesn't even have an alignment machine that will work on the XD's. Wish I had bought it from another dealer.
dealers should not have alignment machines period...being a good alignment man is a profession unto itself and a good alignment should not be a rushed procedure..take it to alignment shop that specializes in trucks..do not rotate the tire as they will want to see the wear patterns prior to rotation ..they probably wont need the specs but have them in hand just in case.. pay out of pocket and if it fixes the problem take the bill to the lame arsed stealership and demand reimbursement..jmho.. xxx

·
570 Posts
dealers should not have alignment machines period...being a good alignment man is a profession unto itself and a good alignment should not be a rushed procedure..take it to alignment shop that specializes in trucks..do not rotate the tire as they will want to see the wear patterns prior to rotation ..they probably wont need the specs but have them in hand just in case.. pay out of pocket and if it fixes the problem take the bill to the lame arsed stealership and demand reimbursement..jmho.. xxx
Funny, the dealership wanted me too rotate my tires, saying it's probably my (brand new) tires. Also he reminded me the roads are built on a slight angle for water shed, because I just crawled out from under my rock this morning.

·
38 Posts
Funny, the dealership wanted me too rotate my tires, saying it's probably my (brand new) tires. Also he reminded me the roads are built on a slight angle for water shed, because I just crawled out from under my rock this morning.
Lol..... typical stealerships.

·
13 Posts
I feel your pain. Twice Nissan dealership attempted to align my truck. First time, it came back with steering wheel pointing to the left. 2nd time I took it there, they told they would fix everything this time and apologized for the first time. Picked up truck and was told front left tire toe and camber was out. They also told me they had straightened the steering wheel. So, I leave the dealership and noticed the steering wheel was pointing to the 1-2 o'clock position and the truck was pulling to the right. Talk about shaking my head. Thankfully this was done under warranty.

So, instead of wasting my time anymore with this place, I went to a local tire shop that I have dealt with before. This time they nailed it. Truck only needed right front toe adjusted. And, my steering wheel is straight on the money. Best 35$ I have spent in a long time. Bransons Tire and Automotive in Thomasville NC nailed it.

·
570 Posts
I feel your pain. Twice Nissan dealership attempted to align my truck. First time, it came back with steering wheel pointing to the left. 2nd time I took it there, they told they would fix everything this time and apologized for the first time. Picked up truck and was told front left tire toe and camber was out. They also told me they had straightened the steering wheel. So, I leave the dealership and noticed the steering wheel was pointing to the 1-2 o'clock position and the truck was pulling to the right. Talk about shaking my head. Thankfully this was done under warranty.

So, instead of wasting my time anymore with this place, I went to a local tire shop that I have dealt with before. This time they nailed it. Truck only needed right front toe adjusted. And, my steering wheel is straight on the money. Best 35$ I have spent in a long time. Bransons Tire and Automotive in Thomasville NC nailed it.
What warranty covered it? Also where can I find a 35 dollar alignment? I paid 96... I would say for an alignment, but I didn't get that, so I donated 96.

·
38 Posts
Today I took my Titan XD SL in for the first service. I had a list of things I wanted them to do and fix.
1. Oil change
2. Alignment
3. 3rd brake light crack
4. Recall
5. Transmission update
6. Dead pedal update
7. Rotate tires
Everything got taken care of under my service plan EXCEPT for one thing. The only thing nissan couldn't explain or do is the alignment. The service manager said they got it on the rack three times and it shows good but every time they take it for a test drive it kept pulling hard to right. It took them all day to work on it and they still can't figure it out. They ran out of time today because they had it from 7am until 430pm which is the time they close. Nissan didn't have a loaners for me and I have to go back first thing tomorrow morning to see if they can resolve the issue. The service manager said he even took it for a test drive and it drives straight until he hits any small bump in the road and they it starts to pull to the right. I'll take it back tomorrow morning and I'll keep you guys posted to see if it gets fixed.
I was an old tire guy back in the day, we be talking 40 years ago, one suggestion take the 2 front tires and swap them side to side might fix it. I saw post where the guy had a pulling issue and Nissan got rid of the General tires and put Goodyears on the truck under warranty . I was at the dealer the other day and took note that the new Titan XD in the show room did not have Generals on it. Things that make you Hmmmmm. :nerd2:
www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=KdJuf4yrL-s

·
13 Posts
There are many things covered under warranty in the first 12000 miles or 1st year of ownership, especially adjustments like alignments and such. At least that was what I was told from the service writer. **** if I am gonna argue with free!

·
570 Posts
There are many things covered under warranty in the first 12000 miles or 1st year of ownership, especially adjustments like alignments and such. At least that was what I was told from the service writer. **** if I am gonna argue with free!
Oh I hear ya, that's why I'm wondering because I don't want to have to pay for alignments on a 2016. Mine being used, I was hoping Nissan s warranty covered it

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE!!!!!

I took the truck back in the next day to see if they could resolve the issue. I have a 2016 Titan XD diesel with a 6" RC lift. I told the dealership I would stay while they try to fix. Finally after about being at the dealership for 3 hours. They think they got it fixed but wanted me to test drive it to see if it felt ok to me. It was near perfect but it still pulled slightly to the right but I think that's due to the crown in the roadway because on flat streets it went straight. Here's what the dealership told me... my alignment was off due to the lower cross member of the RC lift. Apparently the place I went to have my truck lifted didn't tighten the lower cross member which is why the whole alignment was off. That's why the machine would show good but when they took it out for a test drive and hit one bump it would get thrown off. I've known a bunch of people that went to the shop that lifted my truck and Ives heard horror stories just like this! Although truck Titan XD may have different alignment issues, this is what I was told and so far since taking it to Nissan it's still be straight...

Reactions: TXCummin

·
313 Posts
UPDATE!!!!!

I took the truck back in the next day to see if they could resolve the issue. I have a 2016 Titan XD diesel with a 6" RC lift. I told the dealership I would stay while they try to fix. Finally after about being at the dealership for 3 hours. They think they got it fixed but wanted me to test drive it to see if it felt ok to me. It was near perfect but it still pulled slightly to the right but I think that's due to the crown in the roadway because on flat streets it went straight. Here's what the dealership told me... my alignment was off due to the lower cross member of the RC lift. Apparently the place I went to have my truck lifted didn't tighten the lower cross member which is why the whole alignment was off. That's why the machine would show good but when they took it out for a test drive and hit one bump it would get thrown off. I've known a bunch of people that went to the shop that lifted my truck and Ives heard horror stories just like this! Although truck Titan XD may have different alignment issues, this is what I was told and so far since taking it to Nissan it's still be straight...
Imagine that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts