Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
36 Posts
So, I realize these may be preliminary specs, but there are a few things that jump out at me. I was comparing to a Sierra HD just for reference. So the overall length of the XD is 3.3 inches total length longer than the Sierra HD. The bed length is shown to be 67" on the XD and 78.86" on the HD. The Sierra also has more legroom in both the front and rear seats. Is the bed truly only 5'7" on the Titan? If so why is the truck so long, is the hood long? Another thing is turning diameter, the Titan is 53.8' and the Sierra is 51.8', a full 2 feet less. 26 gallon fuel tank vs. 36 gallon fuel tank. The curb weight I am coming up with for a loaded Sierra HD 4X4 with Duramax 7,660 lbs.

These are a few things I saw doing a quick comparison. Really had high hopes for the Titan XD, but they are getting dashed. I am still holding out to see the XD in person and see the pricing, but the specs don't make it look that great.

·
492 Posts
Preliminary Specs??? I think that these are accurate/current specs that are provided by Nissan, and posted on an official Nissan website as part of their Press kit.

·
340 Posts
So, I realize these may be preliminary specs, but there are a few things that jump out at me. I was comparing to a Sierra HD just for reference. So the overall length of the XD is 3.3 inches total length longer than the Sierra HD. The bed length is shown to be 67" on the XD and 78.86" on the HD. The Sierra also has more legroom in both the front and rear seats. Is the bed truly only 5'7" on the Titan? If so why is the truck so long, is the hood long? Another thing is turning diameter, the Titan is 53.8' and the Sierra is 51.8', a full 2 feet less. 26 gallon fuel tank vs. 36 gallon fuel tank. The curb weight I am coming up with for a loaded Sierra HD 4X4 with Duramax 7,660 lbs.

These are a few things I saw doing a quick comparison. Really had high hopes for the Titan XD, but they are getting dashed. I am still holding out to see the XD in person and see the pricing, but the specs don't make it look that great.
These are all the specs that are supposed to be under embargo still. These ARE the specs unfortunately...

·
492 Posts
GM bed lengths are:
Short = 69.33"
Standard= 78.87"
Long= 97.77"

GM double cab has 78.87" bed (similar to Nissan King cab)
GM Crew cab available with 69.33" bed. (2.33" longer than TITAN XD Crew cab bed)

·
94 Posts
Crew cab Titan XD is said to come with a 5.5' bed or 6.5' bed. 5'7" would be the short option.
I'm forced to question the data that is being presented... 3.3" longer only makes sense on the 6.5' bed option, not at all on the short option.

·
36 Posts
I guess preliminary may be the wrong thing to say, but these are first print of specs where I know from personal experience it seems like more mistakes are made than should be. Again I am comparing the XD to an HD Sierra not a 1500, so there is no short bed with the crew cab, just standard and long. I was wondering if instead of 67" it was supposed to read 6'7". That is just missing the stroke of 1 key. Just a theory on what seems to be some off information. It also seems pretty crazy that the XD weighs virtually the same as a Sierra HD with Duramax. The more info that comes out the more I start to lean away from the XD.

·
19 Posts
I guess preliminary may be the wrong thing to say, but these are first print of specs where I know from personal experience it seems like more mistakes are made than should be. Again I am comparing the XD to an HD Sierra not a 1500, so there is no short bed with the crew cab, just standard and long. I was wondering if instead of 67" it was supposed to read 6'7". That is just missing the stroke of 1 key. Just a theory on what seems to be some off information. It also seems pretty crazy that the XD weighs virtually the same as a Sierra HD with Duramax. The more info that comes out the more I start to lean away from the XD.
A 5 1/5 ft bed will make a sliding fifth wheel hitch necessary; which will eat up what little cargo capacity the xd has; both capacity, in weight and volume! Instead of concentrating on making this truck look like a " titan warrior mask" maybe they should have visited a few campgrounds and rodeos and looked around. Hope its at least 6 1/5 ft.

·
658 Posts
Some info via car and driver:
http://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/titan

The diesel will be paired with an Aisin six-speed automatic transmission and will be exclusive to the XD model, which features a stronger, fully boxed frame and sturdier underpinnings than the lesser Titan. The XD will debut as a four-door crew cab with a 151.6-inch wheelbase, a 6.5-foot cargo bed, and either two- or four-wheel drive. All new Titans share some front-end componentry with Nissan’s NV-series of full-size vans.

·
857 Posts
Some info via car and driver:
http://www.caranddriver.com/nissan/titan

The diesel will be paired with an Aisin six-speed automatic transmission and will be exclusive to the XD model, which features a stronger, fully boxed frame and sturdier underpinnings than the lesser Titan. The XD will debut as a four-door crew cab with a 151.6-inch wheelbase, a 6.5-foot cargo bed, and either two- or four-wheel drive. All new Titans share some front-end componentry with Nissan’s NV-series of full-size vans.
It's just too bad they don't show more offerings to come with the XD on the website, so far they've kept it quite basic, good for a start though. Still, would have been better if they shown what will come and state an approx date.

·
16 Posts
So, am I reading it correctly that an XD with a crew cab and a standard bed will be over 20' in length? Seems way long.. Anyone able to verify or set me straight?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
So, am I reading it correctly that an XD with a crew cab and a standard bed will be over 20' in length? Seems way long.. Anyone able to verify or set me straight?
Not long at all my 2015 f150 crew with the short box is 19.3' the xd has almost a foot longer box. So a little over 20' sounds about right plus it has a great wheel base.

·
77 Posts
Pretty comparable to any other full size crew cab with a 6'5" box, if you want it shorter wait for the 5'5" box version.

·
857 Posts
There was a picture show it and another box configuration sitting side by side in a couple of parking spots... in that picture it looked just about right... something taken back when they were still in the process of being spied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts