Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well... the Titan XD isn't even on sale yet and it's already winning awards.

All-new Nissan TITAN XD wins prestigious “2015 Truck of Texas” award

• Nissan takes five top honors at Texas Auto Writers Association annual 2015 Texas Truck Rodeo, including "2015 Truck of Texas"
  • Top-of-the-line TITAN XD Platinum Reserve named Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas
  • TITAN XD PRO-4X honored as Off-Road Pickup Truck of Texas
  • Best Powertrain award given to TITAN XD's Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The all-new 2016 Nissan TITAN XD full-size pickup has been named "Truck of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) in its annual 2015 Texas Truck Rodeo, which puts the industry's best truck, SUVs and CUVs through a grueling two-day evaluation at the historic Knibbe Ranch in Spring Branch, Texas.

In addition to the competition's top award, Truck of Texas, the new TITAN XD won three other honors: Luxury Pickup Truck of Texas, Off-Road Pickup Truck of Texas and Best Powertrain for its standard Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel engine. The new 2016 TITAN XD is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in December. Nissan also took home the Mid-Size CUV of Texas trophy for its completely redesigned 2015 Nissan Murano.

"Of the hundreds of thousands of miles driven during the development of the all-new 2016 TITAN XD, the miles driven by the truck experts of the Texas Auto Writers Association were the most critical miles driven to date as we prepare to launch our new truck," said Fred Diaz, senior vice president, Sales & Marketing and Operations, U.S.A., Nissan North America, Inc. "This prestigious Truck of Texas award gives us tremendous validation heading into the TITAN XD launch in December. We are humbly honored to accept this award."

In announcing the Truck of Texas award, the TITAN XD was cited for its strong performance and also received high marks for its interior and exterior.

"This was the largest Truck Rodeo in the history of TAWA," said Mike Marrs, president, TAWA. "We had 69 journalists evaluating 80 vehicles. To win on this stage, with this level of competition is an accomplishment Nissan should be very proud of."

Read More Here

·
772 Posts
it won the off road pickup truck award? lmao why? cause it has a locking diff and skid plates? cool story. my pro4x came with blown rancho shocks. nothing pro about it other then the kick azz red stitching black leather seats.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...or they actually tested the truck and thought it was worthy to win the award cuz maybe Nissan made a better effort this time... I don't know... that may be something to consider...

·
158 Posts
it won the off road pickup truck award? lmao why? cause it has a locking diff and skid plates? cool story. my pro4x came with blown rancho shocks. nothing pro about it other then the kick azz red stitching black leather seats.
Why not? I would think the all-around view camera would be great for off road use. Being able to check and see if there's a rock or stump close by. Also the write up said it has Bilstein shocks. Also with a Cummins diesel and the amount of torque it has at low rpms it should dominate any gas truck for off road.

(On a side note, I have a 2012 pro 4x and have not had any problems with the shocks and I off road all the time.)

Reactions: pyro404

·
158 Posts
Ford won last year for its aluminum body.

·
772 Posts
Why not? I would think the all-around view camera would be great for off road use. Being able to check and see if there's a rock or stump close by. Also the write up said it has Bilstein shocks. Also with a Cummins diesel and the amount of torque it has at low rpms it should dominate any gas truck for off road.

(On a side note, I have a 2012 pro 4x and have not had any problems with the shocks and I off road all the time.)
because compared to a raptor or a TRD pro tundra, its not a "off road" truck. Both of those trucks pull 10+" of travel stock.

Now it looks like nissan changed the upper control arm location so it no longer is limited by the coil bucket, so maybe it actually has decent travel.

my titan with PRG uppers, Fox 2.5" external resi's pulls like 7-8" of travel lol.

·
363 Posts
Yikes, off road performance looked pretty challenged at the end of that video. The truth is, good towing vehicles off-road jostle the heck out of you. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what the judges said.

·
94 Posts
Yikes, off road performance looked pretty challenged at the end of that video. The truth is, good towing vehicles off-road jostle the heck out of you. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what the judges said.
Looks like a tire struggle to me.

·
158 Posts
Reactions: pyro404

·
1,979 Posts
It's a heavy A$$ Diesel truck & not designed to off road.
The truck of the year thing is just stupid at this point.
Go over to the F150 forums & see how many the people that have the 2015's are having stability problems because of the reduced weight. That was the truck of the year too...

·
1,979 Posts

Pull your shocks off, I'll bet at lest one is blown. I had 2 blown crapos @18k. Just like Honda said, they come pre blown from the factory.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Pull your shocks off, I'll bet at lest one is blown. I had 2 blown crapos @18k. Just like Honda said, they come pre blown from the factory.
I think one is blown on my Leaf. I don't want to let the dealership monkeys work on my car so I'll probably end up fixing it out of pocket.

·
158 Posts
I pulled them back in June with 42k miles and they were fine. Have about 45k miles now. Unless something happened in the past 3k miles they have preformed well.
Maybe some guys got a bad batch??

·
158 Posts
It's a heavy A$$ Diesel truck & not designed to off road.
The truck of the year thing is just stupid at this point.
Go over to the F150 forums & see how many the people that have the 2015's are having stability problems because of the reduced weight. That was the truck of the year too...
I'm confused... XD is to heavy and F-150 is to light? There's times I wish my truck was heavier to get me out of certain situations easier.

·
665 Posts
My F350 was plenty fine off road. My former employers Crew-Cab Long box F350 with factory tires was surprisingly competent off-road. It's less about the vehicle weight and more about operator skill.

·
772 Posts
Define off road please lol. Graded dirt roads, prairie roads etc i get, i'm sure its just fine. But to compare an XD to a Tundra PRO or a Raptor is just silly. I understand why the truck got truck of the year, but why did all the people vote for it to win off road truck of the year? "that don't make no sense"

·
665 Posts
Well for me there is simple off-road which is rough forestry service roads. Then off-roading, which I took the bosses F350 on. That was a boulder covered goat trail leading to Carrington Bay on Cortes Island. The only other vehicle we saw on that trail was a Toyota Land Cruiser. There were a number of tight spots, did hit the foot rails but that big F350 diesel never once left me feeling like we might get stranded.

Though I follow the rules my mom taught me. 4x4 is to help prevent you from getting stuck, not to get you unstuck. Slow and steady gets you there with the least chance of broken parts. Also, when the three other people in the cab are hammered and drinking beer they don't like being thrown around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts