Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last fall I had the DEF sensor go out they ordered one under warranty but it was on back order. They said to keep driving it as the light was on and off, this june i followed up to see where the back ordered parts were, they said they returned the parts because i never had it serviced... they didn't say anything when I got oil changes and never notified me they came in.

So two weeks ago Nissan said to still replace under warranty, they fixed it but halfway home the light came back on again. they now claim it needs a DEF pump and turbo actuator.

The truck is out of the 5 year time frame part of warranty but has about 55k on it, so no warranty on the turbo actuator.. my question is for the Pump, wouldn't that be a continuation of the DEF issue but is now only apparent because the tank/sensor was replaced which didn't fix it so next thing on the list is a pump?

Pump is on back order with no ETA anyways, I like the truck but I haven't ever had to do this much work on a 5 year old truck even with 100k miles on it.

the Delete with proven diesel tune would be cheaper than just the pump...

but I'm also hearing of engine issues so I'm getting nervous about the truck in general..

availability of parts and hearing of stories with engine issues makes me think ill be tossing money into this thing for years..

anyone have an opinion?

·
733 Posts
Deleting it won't fix the failed RTCVA, or the fact that you can't even get a new RTCVA, warranty or not. But, for $1K you can have your RTCVA rebuilt:

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the turbo actuators are on back order too? i was told 3-5 days. I know the delete wont fix that. was contemplating the delete to solve the def pump issues.

Deleting it won't fix the failed RTCVA, or the fact that you can't even get a new RTCVA, warranty or not. But, for $1K you can have your RTCVA rebuilt:

·
733 Posts
the turbo actuators are on back order too? i was told 3-5 days.
Well that's an improvement over a few months ago, for sure.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbo Actuator should be in today so it took a little over a week, the update on the DEF pump is mid to end of September.

Service manager said its common to have turbo failure shortly after the actuator has been replaced and that the new turbo has a new part number. He claims the new turbos don't have issues like the original parts.. Has anyone else experianced this?

Still can't decide what to do. I bought the truck last year for a good price and can't get another truck that's comparable anywhere in the price range of the titan XDS. just afraid of other issues after turbo and emissions delete (if Nissan wont warranty the pump with my original warranty claim).

·
133 Posts
Deleting will remove these fragile systems and also prevent further soot from building up in your intake. I believe it also helps reduce build-up in the turbo actuator housing, but I could be wrong. If you have a tune you could reroute your oily crankcase vapors without throwing codes. That'll cease the oil deposits and crap that get sucked into your turbos.

Deleting creates a domino effect of improved reliability on modern diesels. I made a thread on rerouting the crankcase vapors for pretty cheap and another for cleaning your intake manifold. If you delete, consider doing those.

·
12 Posts
My Actuator went out a month ago. Called AVI to check on a rebuild and they was told they are no longer doing them. Got a factory replacement from the dealer in 2 weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts