Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am wondering what to do with my truck that blew its motor ( says the dealership anyway). They quoted 24k to fix it. It is at 94k miles and just paid it off in December. I am unable to find anyone nearby that is willing to work on it. I wish I could post the video of it trying to start. I have reached out to Nissan and they said I’m on my own

Attachments

·
510 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Did the crank break or did you hear knocking noises? How was it acting/sounding when it happened?

There are a few used engines that pop up on Ebay from time to time (not many) if it truly blown. Are you located near any diesel shops that might do a swap? So far, I've never heard of anyone trying to rebuild bottom-end and reinstall. Parts are available for that kind of job for a lot less than 24K if top end, injector and pump are good for instance.

·
791 Posts
That sucks. I see that Z1 has brand new long block for $12K. 4 yrs ago, when mine broke, it was in the range of $8K - $8.5K

·
133 Posts
Might be a shot in the dark, but contact Cummins. I believe the engine comes with a 100,000 mile factory warranty. You may be a victim of the bad batch of crankshafts.

If that fails, you're better off buying an engine off ebay or a salvage yard and either swapping it in yourself or paying a mechanic. Swapping in an identical long block isn't hard at all, it just takes some time, and keeping your bolts labeled. Only special tools you'll need is are an engine hoist and engine stand. Harbor freight has those for a few hundred dollars.

·
10 Posts
Sorry to hear that I just had mine replaced and it took about 5 months to get it done. I would recommend contacting Nissan Consumer Affairs and starting a case number to see if they can do anything for you. That's what I did because I was 6 months out of warranty and they actually did a Goodwill warranty and covered it 100 percent. It's definitely worth a try. Best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts