Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Many of you have probably been waiting to see signs that the regular cab version of the Titan XD actually is coming to market. Well here is a clear sign! It's being transported on a forklift, so we aren't sure if it actually drives yet, but I'm sure it will be once the summer comes and it is up for sale.

The light-duty 2017 Nissan Titan will likely make its debut this summer with a V6 engine as standard. Expect a more powerful 5.6-liter gasoline V8 to be available as an option that will also be offered on the Titan XD.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/02/2017-nissan-titan-regular-cab-spied-undisguised-on-a-forklift.html

·
169 Posts
I'm going to guess that's not an XD but a regular Titan. No fender vent thingies.

But I don't know, could be wrong. It's only a test vehicle so who knows what it really is?

·
405 Posts
Certainly looks like the 1/2 ton "S" trim level. It's a work man's truck of sorts. I don't see the large frame underneath which eliminates possibilities of it being the "XD" 5/8 version.

·
3 Posts
Definitely a light duty regular cab Titan. It isn't a styling mock-up at this stage and likely a drivable verification prototype. Unless I am wrong and that's a pilot production build.

·
857 Posts
I can already see some guys wanting to swap fenders with those, of course as long as its in the same body color. I know I would.

·
169 Posts
Agreed. That vent thingy on the XD is the sore spot in the exterior.

Swap fenders and slap the mighty Cummins badge back on...because that's how I roll.

·
56 Posts
Wheel base is the same as the first gen with the overall length up 3.5".
Looks like the v8 trucks will have the fake "Endurance" vent.

I think it's more visually appealing with the shorter front end, still too much head light and grill though IMO.

If curb weight doesn't go up much, this thing will move. I know these are trucks but acceleration has always been important to me.

Snappy 7 speed with rev matching down shifts and a nice solid interior. Can't wait to drive one.

·
77 Posts
It really doesn't look that much different from the old Titan, sure a taller grill and the fender lines bend down into the doors and down on the bedside. It looks like a Titan that has progressed with the rest of the market.

·
1,265 Posts
Yes, you should buy it right now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts