Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Well, it's been a blast, but our medium-long term plans have changed, and I don't really need my truck anymore. I love the beastie, but I think I can probably realize a half-way decent trade-in NOW, so...

Anyone gone through that recently? I'm thinking of hitting the Nissan dealerships up, to see how keen they might be to give me a decent trade... before I become a royal pain in their collective ass when it comes to continued service requirements for my 5.0 Cummins.

Thoughts, values, experiences?

Thanks!

·
43 Posts
Well I have heard 2 people say that Nissan has offered to buy them back from the once they were listed for sale. There is a guy with one for sale on here that says Nissan contacted him. May be worth is to shoot Nissan an email and let them know you will be selling. I'm not sure why they want them back but one of the people I know has a 2017 with 120K miles and he claimed they offered him $32K.

·
269 Posts
I have a 16 and was offered 31 as well. From banister Nissan in Chesapeake VA. The big three won't touch it with a ten foot poll.

·
118 Posts
Had a 16 pro 4x with 16k miles, got $34.5k for it at my local Chevy dealership. I paid 33k for it 6 months prior!

·
208 Posts
Go to Carvana.com and see what they'll give you. That's what the dealers are actually giving for these trucks- wholesale value. You can't go by what someone got for trade in- they probably paid way more for the new truck and "said" they gave them x amount for the Titan. It's just a game.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
^^^^ Carvana offered me 29K three months ago for my 16 2WD SL with 28K on the clock. Dealer offered 27K on a trade.

·
635 Posts
I just put my stuff into Carvana and they offered me $22K for my 2017 SV 4x4 Texas Titan with 59K on it.

·
31 Posts
I was offered 30k for mine last week. No body wants to touch these trucks. Hopefully, they will last a very long time. I hate to be negative, but I have mt doubts.

·
605 Posts
Yup, Nissan/Cummins made a business decision and we are the collateral casualty.
There are two choices: sell and take a loss or keep and realize at some point you will need to fab parts or scrap the truck or try to swap in a different motor. Either way we kinda got screwed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts