Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The only reason I ask is that the mechanic said the other side will most likely start leaking but Nissan won’t replace it unless it’s leaking and my warranty runs out in August. He tried to get the Service Advisor to replace it but he said no. It’s was that vent valve being clogged that caused it to build pressure and blow the seal.

·
1,098 Posts
Thanks. The only reason I ask is that the mechanic said the other side will most likely start leaking but Nissan won’t replace it unless it’s leaking and my warranty runs out in August. He tried to get the Service Advisor to replace it but he said no. It’s was that vent valve being clogged that caused it to build pressure and blow the seal.
Do you have an Titan XD or regular Titan? If it's a regular Titan than I don't believe you can get a seal separately from Nissan. Only a complete axle.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you have an Titan XD or regular Titan? If it's a regular Titan than I don't believe you can get a seal separately from Nissan. Only a complete axle.
Titan. Yeah they won't sell the parts but he said I could get them online as long as i get the right part numbers?
Said I would need the Seal, Bearing, Retainer and Race.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The rear axle seal can be replaced separately. There is also and o-ring that should be replaced when the axle is pulled. If the shaft has a groove worn into it from the seal which is possible then it would also need a shaft or it will leak again. 43252-1PA0A Genuine Nissan #432521PA0A Seal-Oil Rear Axle Shaft
To get the seal off I'll have to remove the snap ring, cut the axle bearing and retainer off and replace the race that's in the opening of the housing. Then I'll need a press to reinstall the new bearing.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. I’m just getting mine replaced because I went to do the rear brakes and the grease was all inside rotor and the emergency brake brake shoes were soaked. Glad it’s under warranty.

·
2017 Titan XD SV 5.0L
18 Posts
Yeah. I’m just getting mine replaced because I went to do the rear brakes and the grease was all inside rotor and the emergency brake brake shoes were soaked. Glad it’s under warranty.
Did you get it fixed yet? I'm going to have mine fixed as well, Its getting worse.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you get it fixed yet? I'm going to have mine fixed as well, Its getting worse.
Yes. Luckily it was under warranty if not they would have charged me $1200.00 for the axle plus labor. If you have to pay someone you can buy the seal, bearing and race on eBay as the dealer doesn’t want to sell just the parts. I was looking at buying a press to put the new bearing on if I did the work. Removing the axle is the easy part. Cutting the bearing and seal off is the hardest part because if you cut into the axle you could damage it enough to where it leaks past the seal. I’d watch some YouTube videos to help. There’s two good step by steps.

·
2017 Titan XD SV 5.0L
18 Posts
Yes. Luckily it was under warranty if not they would have charged me $1200.00 for the axle plus labor. If you have to pay someone you can buy the seal, bearing and race on eBay as the dealer doesn’t want to sell just the parts. I was looking at buying a press to put the new bearing on if I did the work. Removing the axle is the easy part. Cutting the bearing and seal off is the hardest part because if you cut into the axle you could damage it enough to where it leaks past the seal. I’d watch some YouTube videos to help. There’s two good step by steps.
I'm bringing mine to the Dealer and using my extended warranty I hope!

·
1,098 Posts
Yes. Luckily it was under warranty if not they would have charged me $1200.00 for the axle plus labor. If you have to pay someone you can buy the seal, bearing and race on eBay as the dealer doesn’t want to sell just the parts.
The dealership is unable to order just the parts from Nissan to do just the seal.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealership is unable to order just the parts from Nissan to do just the seal.
That’s what they said. Funny thing is when you search the parts on eBay the seller is a Nissan dealership but if you walk in or call they will tell you they can only seek the axle which has everything attached but it’s only $1200.00. 😂

·
2017 Titan XD SV 5.0L
18 Posts
That’s what they said. Funny thing is when you search the parts on eBay the seller is a Nissan dealership but if you walk in or call they will tell you they can only seek the axle which has everything attached but it’s only $1200.00. 😂
The dealership is waiting on the parts to fix mine. I did clean the wheel sensor because it was covered in gear oil and flashing a slip light when I would get on it. Cleaned the sensor and the warning went away.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The dealership is waiting on the parts to fix mine. I did clean the wheel sensor because it was covered in gear oil and flashing a slip light when I would get on it. Cleaned the sensor and the warning went away.
Good deal. I assume they ordered the whole axle?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts