Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 XD PR diesel with 32k miles went in to the shop for the second time two weeks ago For power loss. The first time 4 months ago they replaced the EGR valve. The second time they say the EGR and turbo is done and there are no parts to be had. I called Nissan and they have no idea when the parts will be in. I asked the dealer if they’ve changed the replacement parts to fix this issue and he had no idea. I asked Nissan if the parts have been changed to prevent this in the future. They said to ask the dealer. !!!

i can’t have this going bad and stranding me. I also have no confidence that they fixed the problem and it could easily recur after it’s out of warranty. I decided to dump it. The dealer is giving me full value on a trade even though it doesn‘t run. I’m picking up a new 2021 Titan XD PR gasser tomorrow.

·
32 Posts
That's a good move. I was 100% getting a diesel until I spend some time on the forums. Glad I went gas. Nice for them to work that out for you and get you into something new.

·
2019 TItan XD Moab Sunset
11 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. Took it in for a second engine oil leak. They said they would have to lift cab/remove engine to fix. They have no idea when the parts will be available. I picked the truck up and continue to drive it. Thanks a lot Nissan/Cummins..........

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in a similar boat. Took it in for a second engine oil leak. They said they would have to lift cab/remove engine to fix. They have no idea when the parts will be available. I picked the truck up and continue to drive it. Thanks a lot Nissan/Cummins..........

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I told them to put it back together until the part came in. Nissan HQ said that would void the warranty.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
271 Posts
What a mess. I’m glad they’re sorta taking care of you, but yikes. Just yikes.

·
482 Posts
My 2017 XD PR diesel with 32k miles went in to the shop for the second time two weeks ago For power loss. The first time 4 months ago they replaced the EGR valve. The second time they say the EGR and turbo is done and there are no parts to be had. I called Nissan and they have no idea when the parts will be in. I asked the dealer if they’ve changed the replacement parts to fix this issue and he had no idea. I asked Nissan if the parts have been changed to prevent this in the future. They said to ask the dealer. !!!

i can’t have this going bad and stranding me. I also have no confidence that they fixed the problem and it could easily recur after it’s out of warranty. I decided to dump it. The dealer is giving me full value on a trade even though it doesn‘t run. I’m picking up a new 2021 Titan XD PR gasser tomorrow.
That's exactly what happened to me with my Xd Cummins, failed EGR and blown Turbo. Dealer gave me great trade value on the gasser, and have never looked back since. You are going to LOVE that truck. I should have gone gasser from day 1.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
271 Posts
That's exactly what happened to me with my Xd Cummins, failed EGR and blown Turbo.
Neighbor STILL has his diesel that has had same issue twice. Dude just won’t give it up and either get a big 3 diesel or go gas. Most he hauls/tows is air most days. I just don’t understand, but dealer here warned him that next time they probably can’t get parts. NEXT TIME!? I mean come on. Poor guy is like “I don’t know what I’m gonna do.” He can’t get a decent trade unless he gets gas but he’s so die hard diesel he’s blind to how dumb this whole thing has become.

·
482 Posts
Neighbor STILL has his diesel that has had same issue twice. Dude just won’t give it up and either get a big 3 diesel or go gas. Most he hauls/tows is air most days. I just don’t understand, but dealer here warned him that next time they probably can’t get parts. NEXT TIME!? I mean come on. Poor guy is like “I don’t know what I’m gonna do.” He can’t get a decent trade unless he gets gas but he’s so die hard diesel he’s blind to how dumb this whole thing has become.
I don't get the fascination with diesels unless the owner tows a lot (heavy loads, frequently, etc.). If towing, I get it. But outside of that, no thanks. Gasser for me. The XD gasser is a boss. We took our toy hauler camping this weekend at the MX track and while on the way there and back, I just chuckle at how well this truck tows - even as a gasser.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I made the right move. The gasser has a much smoother transmission and it‘s not stuck at the dealer!
AA9319A3-7622-43A2-98B0-75DE939CF93C.jpeg

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so any idea when they will fix it yet?

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a pretty truck.
They actually got me a very good deal. They transported it from another dealer. Gave me the high end of Edmunds on the trade (even though the trade was dead). Then they took almost $10k off sticker and didn’t even price in almost $2k of upgrades that were on it. I didn’t even buy my original Titan from them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts