Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I just recently had our 4 child and would love to make his Titan XD a 6-seater. This would be much more cost effective than purchasing a different truck. Is this possible? If so, where can we purchase a jump seat? Thank you for any helpful comments.

·
595 Posts
That is can involve some work to complete.

2) if you pull the console you'll have wiring you'll need to reroute and HVAC vents to reroute or seal off.

3) deleted due to incorrect observation

4) You may be able to obtain the factory seat portion normally installed between the lower trim level front seats and install in place of the console.

Before you pay money for the parts and start in on the work it might be a good idea to insure any child seats or passenger restraints intended for young people are available, in place and adequately safe, it would be a shame to go to all the trouble but still not be able to use it for expanded child seating.

This may not be the easiest solution to your problem however it appears you may be able to make it work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
5 Posts
First off, congrats on your fourth. I also have four.

Second, I have done the swap and it is not that difficult. The only wiring that you have to reroute is the heated seat switches, and you will lose the vents in the back seat, but the modifications required to make it work are pretty simple.

Step 1: Source a seat. I replied to your other thread, but you want to check eBay, car-part.com, or other used part websites. You can grab a jump seat out of an XD or a non-XD from '16-'21. I would search for the SV version since the S version is vinyl/cloth and doesn't match the SV interior.

Step 2: Get the rest of the parts. The dealer is the easiest way to get these parts. When I was looking for a jump seat, none of the recyclers were interested in finding and removing these smaller plastic parts or hardware. Here is my full table of parts. Don't worry about the links, just search for the dealer part numbers.

Step 3: Remove the console. I am sorry I didn't take pics when I was doing it, but there are two bolts on the side of the console near the back, and two screws that attach the front of the console to the main dash. The front ones are hidden behind a trim piece, just do a little digging and you will find them. Also, you will need to remove the lower trim pieces next to the console in the footwells and also remove the closest screw from the lower dash pieces on the driver and passenger side. I didn't have to remove these pieces, but there is a lip on the console that goes behind them, so you just have to loosen them up. When you get teh console loose, you will want to be sure you disconnect any wire harnesses that are connected to the center console (12V, 120V plugs if so equipped).

Step 4: Remove your heated seat switches and relocate them. Some people have simply cut holes in the new cup holder. I rerouted mine to open switch blanks on the left of the steering wheel. I think my method looks a little cleaner, but I had to split wire harness looms and re-tape them to get enough length to reach to the other side of the steering wheel. Do whatever you are more comfortable with.

Step5: You will need to remove the lip where the HVAC vent attaches to the lower center airbox. This allows the cupholder to sit flush. It is pretty self explanitory once you dig in.

Step 6: Bolt in the new seat. The bolt holes are already there, so this part is super simple. Mine didn't come with hardware though so I had to get new bolts (part numbers are in the chart).

As a bonus step, you can add your USB, 12V and 120V outlets to the lower trim panel on the back of the jump seat. I haven't done this yet, but plan to in the next week or so.

That is it. It took me less than an hour, so I wouln't say it was difficult. Feel free to ask questions!

·
134 Posts
That is a lot more complicated than you might think.

1) I haven't heard of anyone making a purpose built seat to replace the center console.

2) if you pull the console you'll have wiring you'll need to reroute and HVAC vents to reroute or seal off.

3) If there isn't a purpose built, DOT approved seat to install in that gap it wouldn't be legal to operate on the road and I'd be concerned about safety (especially with a cab full of kids). It would be a front seat so that passenger would have to be belted if adult or in a secured child seat if young.

This may not be the easiest solution to your problem.

Dude your comments are so retarded. You always look to the most negative way. Stop with the dot legal shit. It’s a factory option on base models to have no console. You literally swap out the console for the factory seat.

·
595 Posts
Dude your comments are so retarded. You always look to the most negative way. Stop with the dot legal shit. It’s a factory option on base models to have no console. You literally swap out the console for the factory seat.
All you need to do is say I'm wrong and point out why, there is no need to call people names or curse at them.

I made an error in only considering it from one perspective. I apologize.

·
266 Posts
First off, congrats on your fourth. I also have four.

Second, I have done the swap and it is not that difficult....
That is it. It took me less than an hour, so I wouldn't say it was difficult. Feel free to ask questions!
Dude! That is an AWESOME post, and really what forums like this are about! I'm not planning on this surgery, but thanks for sharing in such detail and being so helpful!

Now, let's screw it all up by talking politics... JOKING!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for being such a great contributor!

Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts