Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Titan XD (Gas) with 30k miles on it. They completed the 30k service the week before christmas and I had to travel. Truck was great the entire week of travel and then on Sat I went to the store and when I put the truck in reverse it was as if it didnt have enough vaccum/pressure to move back. I sat there with it gear and then it would take about 3 seconds before it would back up. All the drive gear work perfectly. I took it to the dealer and the tech without even running tests, cheching the fluid, or dropping the pan to look for metal shavings called and said it needed a new Transmission. Would it possible the shifting solenoid is bad or has anyone seen this type of issue. Thanks in advance.

·
392 Posts
I'd say the technition probably just followed the diagnostic flow in the manual. I wouldn't always agree that the system provides the most accurate or useful diagnosis but often the work flow is designed to minimize overall cost to company, and somewhere up the line someone decided that it costs less to swap the whole transmission than the labor and parts it might cost to dig into this problem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
392 Posts
I'm not willing to even guess at the source of your problem at this point, be it solenoids or other, I would point out that, to my recollection, trying to diagnose problem solenoids and pressures in these transmissions can be a time consuming headache. Pressures, blockages, etcetera are so interconnected that an apparent failure at one point might actually be caused by a problem elsewhere. Compound the problem if a partial failure is just causing reduced or altered pressure and actuation.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not willing to even guess at the source of your problem at this point, be it solenoids or other, I would point out that, to my recollection, trying to diagnose problem solenoids and pressures in these transmissions can be a time consuming headache. Pressures, blockages, etcetera are so interconnected that an apparent failure at one point might actually be caused by a problem elsewhere. Compound the problem if a partial failure is just causing reduced or altered pressure and actuation.

Thanks for the reply. He submitted the claim to Nissan and HQ asked for some additional stuff like a picture of the Trans oil and a photo of the pan magnets. They asked for that lasrt week and he still has not provided it. Heading over there to talk to the GM and Service Manager tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts