Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 XD SV 4x4 has only 22,000 miles yet spent 2 of the last 3 months in the shop with repeated electrical problems the dealer has been unable to solve. Apparently there was a leak around the windshield which ran behind the dash and under the carpet creating electrical havoc. First they found and "fixed" the leak and they replaced 2 wiring harnesses which corrected the trailer light connections. A week later the check engine and traction control lights started coming on. After several shop stays they ultimately replaced the accelerator. The next day the lights return with the addition of the information screen jumping to settings and freezing. The dealer opened a case with Nissan to address the issues. Two weeks ago they said another wiring harness would solve the problem. Now I still have no truck, and no support from Nissan. They denied a loaner and said they would make the truck operable but they didn't say when. What suggestions can anyone offer for dealing with Nissan's lack of actions in repairing or replacing my truck. Help.

·
199 Posts
Did you buy it new and if so, what are the lemon laws in your state? I'm in FL and you have two years from purchase to file.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you buy it new and if so, what are the lemon laws in your state? I'm in FL and you have two years from purchase to file.
Bought it off lease a year old. Still has about 40
40+ months/78000 miles of warranty. I'm in Fl and will probably get up with Morgan and Morgan tomorrow to see what legal options I can take. So sad, I had really thought Nissan would stand behind their product.

·
199 Posts
I bought mine a year old as well.

Morgan and Morgan is probably a good place to start. Where in FL? Hope we don't have the same dealer. I had a minor nagging issue that they took far too long to resolve. So, now they're pretty much getting the side-eye going forward.

I've gotten some traction with another manufacturer by going at them politely but firmly on social media in a public post. They responded immediately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts