Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 XD 5.6 runs great because it has a new short block, but I can get a killer deal on a new XD with the 5.0 Cummins. I know all about the 5.0 issues from reading on this forum. My 5.6 was one of the lucky ones with the bad oil jet. Purchased the truck not knowing it had a new short block until I took it to Nissan dealer to get extra key and had them look up the service history. Truck had clean carfax.

What’s your thoughts on a 2019 though? Any of them blow a crank? I like the larger DEF tank, apple car play, and factory 7 pin in bed.

I’ve owned dodge 5.9 Cummins trucks for 20 years, but really like the XD setup fits more what I need and rides better.

I know the 5.0 Cummins is gone in 2020, which is probably why the 2019 are so cheap.

·
1,396 Posts
Me personally if the price was right I'd jump all over it. I have a 18 with 22k pretty hard miles. I use this truck all the time and it's my daily. It's been in the shop all but zero times and it keeps getting better. I love my truck

·
16 Posts
Any thoughts on the 2019?
I own a 18 with 30,000 miles, one little issue on the centering driveline joint, front, squeaking a little. Replaced.
I would just jump all over the purchase of one again. I cannot be happier with the power and the ride. Built pretty durable also. Easy to work on if need. Alot of room in The engine bay also.
Good matieance, it should last a long time.

·
321 Posts
I'd agree with the two above. I've enjoyed my 16 XD immensely and 90% of my miles are hauling my camper and loads up and down Alaskan mountain passes. If I had to, I would buy another XD diesel without hesitation.

·
91 Posts
Sounds like you’ve looked at the good and bad. Take it for a long test drive and if you want it go for it.

·
16 Posts
In most cases, people on forums are there for complaints. This forum has a few people who love there trucks, myself included. I read about this truck back in 15, but wouldn't purchase until bugs are worked out of the new platform. Hence why I purchased the 18.
3 months later they talk about the discontinue of it. Looking back knowing what I know now, I would not hesitate for another purchase. You will be getting the best model year of this truck.
If I hadn't put all the goodies on mine already, I would probably swap it for a 19.
But i must say, every time i drive my truck, it puts a grin on. My face.
I truly have zero complaints. I have driven diesels for 35 years, I am a tried and true 7.3 powerstroke man. Over 750 thousand miles, and i can say up to now, i have 30 thousand on this 5.0 Cummins and am completely happy and always impressed.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I did it. Got a 2019 for $16,000 off MSRP!!! Crazy deals right now. $40k out the door.

It’s an SV with 4x4, convenience package, and utility package. Only thing I’ll miss is those SL trim headlights.

Do the SV headlights look the same when the daytime running lights are on as the SL?

·
16 Posts
Well I did it. Got a 2019 for $16,000 off MSRP!!! Crazy deals right now. $40k out the door.

It’s an SV with 4x4, convenience package, and utility package. Only thing I’ll miss is those SL trim headlights.

Do the SV headlights look the same when the daytime running lights are on as the SL?
Well congrats, I am confident you will enjoy your new truck.
I am sure your smiling ear to ear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts