Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am looking at the new 2020 models and the new features, I can't help but be jealous of the new larger screen they have. I am curious if our older model Titans will be able to have the new screens retrofitted? Based on the pictures alone, it appears that the surrounding area is the same in our trucks. Thoughts? See attached photo.

·
274 Posts
I'm sure even if every plug lined up, they would put a software block on it so it wouldn't work. How else are they going to sell you the same truck 15 times without slight upgrades each year.

·
82 Posts
The dash hump in the middle top is higher, so are the sides. It won't fit. Now the headlights should fit, if you update the valance and grill too. Tail lights should also swap over no problem.

·
615 Posts
The dash hump in the middle top is higher, so are the sides. It won't fit. Now the headlights should fit, if you update the valance and grill too. Tail lights should also swap over no problem.
Same thought here. I love to have the head lights and tail lights swapped. But the cost will be outrageous.

·
1 Posts
As I am looking at the new 2020 models and the new features, I can't help but be jealous of the new larger screen they have. I am curious if our older model Titans will be able to have the new screens retrofitted? Based on the pictures alone, it appears that the surrounding area is the same in our trucks. Thoughts? See attached photo. View attachment 43909
How about just getting Apple Car Play? Other manufacturers do it by replacing the USB port and a software update.

·
130 Posts
All I want that my '18 doesn't have is Android auto. They could easily do that via a software update.

·
82 Posts
I have the 19 and have car play in mine. Seems strange they would do a separate head unit for one year only.... even some of the buttons look different than in an 18

·
2 Posts
I like that... can you add a description of what head unit you used and links to it and harness or any other oats used? Thx...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts