Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I know there is about a thousand discussions on deletes but does anybody know who still offers tuning for deleted trucks? I'm leaning toward either Proven or CTT but I don't want to buy the tunes just to find out they are emissions only. Also, if I go buy the auto agent separately what do I need to get beside the nissan cable to get the tunes on the truck.

·
655 Posts
Didn’t know Nissan still makes Cummins Titan in 2020.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't. I was just wondering who still offers the tuning for it as of now.

·
1,044 Posts
They don't. I was just wondering who still offers the tuning for it as of now.
Neither of those companies are ‘emissions only’. However, CTT just ceased all sales temporarily because people are bumping their gums, running their mouth on forums causing sales in ways they couldn’t control.

So there’s that. Try calling the tuners instead of asking on here.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been doing research for a while with no good results. Thanks for the tip though captain obvious.

·
1,473 Posts
You are welcome. If you have been truly researching, especially here you should know that tuning and performance companies have taken a hard hit lately. Their lively hood has been impacted by big government. Therefore there isn’t as much conversation about it in open forums. If I were you...I would identify a few tuning companies, locate their information, and contact them directly with any questions you might have. I dare say you would receive the answers you are looking for.

·
106 Posts
If you did your research you wouldn’t need to ask in here, seriously...Google had all the answers you are looking for without shitting on the last couple tuning companies....

·
62 Posts
This is why I sold my 2019 Titan XD and went back to a gas Titan XD. I couldn’t delete it and no way was I going to leave it stock. Also Nissan and Cummins decided to part ways with the 5.0. The new 9 speed in the gasser is way better than the old 7 speed gasser.

I also bought and restored a 1998 dodge Cummins with a 5 speed to cure my diesel itch. I’ve always owned diesel, but will never own a modern one again.

·
86 Posts
This is why I sold my 2019 Titan XD and went back to a gas Titan XD. I couldn’t delete it and no way was I going to leave it stock. Also Nissan and Cummins decided to part ways with the 5.0. The new 9 speed in the gasser is way better than the old 7 speed gasser.

I also bought and restored a 1998 dodge Cummins with a 5 speed to cure my diesel itch. I’ve always owned diesel, but will never own a modern one again.
Why couldn’t you? Live in California? The 5.0 Cummins in the Titan XDs will be well sot after one day. No one has really tapped into what the engine is capable of. I heard someone 👀 has hit the 1k HP mark with the 5.0 Cummins. Stock internals and transmission. (Heard the transmission is trashed now). I wish I had hard proof of that but it was just a rumor. I know it’s hit 850hp, there’s hard proof of that. People with the crank issue, they break literally no matter what you do or don’t do on certain trucks. You just hope you don’t have a truck with that issue. 😅

·
62 Posts
Why couldn’t you? Live in California? The 5.0 Cummins in the Titan XDs will be well sot after one day. No one has really tapped into what the engine is capable of. I heard someone 👀 has hit the 1k HP mark with the 5.0 Cummins. Stock internals and transmission. (Heard the transmission is trashed now). I wish I had hard proof of that but it was just a rumor. I know it’s hit 850hp, there’s hard proof of that. People with the crank issue, they break literally no matter what you do or don’t do on certain trucks. You just hope you don’t have a truck with that issue. 😅
No Iowa

My local shop also got busted by EPA and shutdown.

I could not find a way to get the tune and parts myself, so I said screw it.

·
86 Posts
No Iowa

My local shop also got busted by EPA and shutdown.

I could not find a way to get the tune and parts myself, so I said screw it.
I doubt there is only one shop in Iowa that would do it. Sucks that they got shut down. One day the car community will actually come together and riot.

·
62 Posts
I doubt there is only one shop in Iowa that would do it. Sucks that they got shut down. One day the car community will actually come together and riot.
Lived here for over 40 years good luck finding another one. Most won’t touch it because it’s not a big three truck.

they also know the EPA is out to get them all. All the shops I know that did this stuff either quit or got busted.

soon the one company doing the tunes won’t sell them to the US. In fact I have heard that may have just happen.

·
86 Posts
Lived here for over 40 years good luck finding another one. Most won’t touch it because it’s not a big three truck.

they also know the EPA is out to get them all. All the shops I know that did this stuff either quit or got busted.

soon the one company doing the tunes won’t sell them to the US. In fact I have heard that may have just happen.
There are independent shops doing tuning on our trucks. They are just rare. I personally have a small shop tune. Runs good. Kinda really Smokey 😂

·
86 Posts
Heck man,

Heck man, 50 years later, people are still cutting off cats and tuning gas cars. You WILL NEVER stop people from doing what they love. Especially when there is big money to be made. You think people stopped drinking beer in the pro-obition? Or people haven’t been smoking weed for forever? What happen to being American and saying fuck the government, I do what I want.

·
123 Posts

lmao dude you apparently didn’t try. Hell do you realize how easy it is to do yourself? I’ve never touched a diesel and I did mine in 2 hours in the driveway. Needed 2 sockets and a wrench.

·
1,044 Posts
lmao dude you apparently didn’t try. Hell do you realize how easy it is to do yourself? I’ve never touched a diesel and I did mine in 2 hours in the driveway. Needed 2 sockets and a wrench.
Dude people are lazy.

Too lazy to search the internet, much less work on their trucks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts