Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
3 Posts
Hi guys, so I have a 2020 XD P4X. I been towing my toy hauler which weighs 8700 lbs dry. It is equipped with WDH and Sway control bar. Loaded down with my toys and some water and gear I estimate it at around 11k lbs. I noticed that the front end get a little light on certain turns at speed and makes it slightly unstable. I’m wondering if an airbag system will fix that issue. Does anyone else have any suggestions or experience?
Weight distribution hitch, when trailer is put on correctly. You will have no issues make sure your jacking the back end up high enough before you lock the chains in. I can tell by using a level on the rail of my truck.

·
3 Posts
So your setup was already great before the airbags, correct? Your hitch was properly setup also? I have no doubts about the airbags helping but it is mechanically impossible for airbags (RAS and Timbrens included) to shift weight to the front wheels to make it handle better. The OP needs to have his hitch checked first and foremost. That’s going to have the most effect on the distribution of weight across all 4 wheels. His issue is loose steering and not bouncing or squatting.
Weight distribution hitch used properly is the fix.

·
‘19 SV 4x4 5.7 “Big Bertha”
55 Posts
Because I’m used to towing with a diesel and I have been talking to a Nissan dealership about a new XD. I had the Cummins 5.0, now looking at the new gas.
I guess I don’t understand why the towing rpm matters or if there’s something that I need to be paying more attention to when I tow.

·
‘19 SV 4x4 5.7 “Big Bertha”
55 Posts
Honestly man, I was only asking for my information. I don’t really love hear a truck scream. I just was curious what to expect with the gas XD. I really miss my CTD 5.0.
Gotcha. Yeah, you will hear it on hills in tow mode specially with cruise control (stopped using it because I can anticipate the hills better instead of waiting for that downshift with CC engaged). I have a ‘19 7-speed so the 9 might be a bit better. Someone else can chime in.

·
28 Posts
Gotcha. Yeah, you will hear it on hills in tow mode specially with cruise control (stopped using it because I can anticipate the hills better instead of waiting for that downshift with CC engaged). I have a ‘19 7-speed so the 9 might be a bit better. Someone else can chime in.
Would like to hear someone thoughts with the 9 speed. Thanks dirty.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Would like to hear someone thoughts with the 9 speed. Thanks dirty.
i have the 9 speed gas xd. My trailer is about 11k lbs loaded down. On flat hwy speeds it’s fine. Rpms are around 2500-3000.
Once the hills and grades come yes I I do have to step to the floor and it is definitely working.
But it handles the weight fine. I don’t feel like I need more power.
When my trailer is pretty much empty it’s about 8800-9000 lbs. and it pulls it no problem flat or on steep grades.

·
28 Posts
i have the 9 speed gas xd. My trailer is about 11k lbs loaded down. On flat hwy speeds it’s fine. Rpms are around 2500-3000.
Once the hills and grades come yes I I do have to step to the floor and it is definitely working.
When my trailer is pretty much empty it’s about 8800-9000 lbs. and it pulls it no problem flat or on steep grades.
Thank you. We do long distance pulls. Still miss my 5.0 ctd

·
506 Posts
Curious how your rpm’s are that high on flat ground towing? With a 9 speed! Are you towing in 4th or something? You should be cruising at 2k all day. Also if you need more power look into uprev tuning, it’s the only tuning that’s worth a shit for your truck.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts