Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see for previous trucks a factory fog light kit could be purchased after the fact. I am unable to locate a kit for my 2021 XD SV. Does anyone know if this exists?

·
620 Posts
I see for previous trucks a factory fog light kit could be purchased after the fact. I am unable to locate a kit for my 2021 XD SV. Does anyone know if this exists?
Are you just encountering the problem that the 2021 model year isn't listed for the fog light kits? If so, this has become a common problem across many makes & models, despite the fact that the kit and the wiring are the same as prior model years either the manufacturer or the website or whatever entity compiles the listing doesn't update the information so the listing doesn't show the new model year as an option (yet).

That being said, pretty sure if you check the specs on kits for 2020 (and further back, I think) you will find they hook right up.

***Reminds me of an amusing story from couple years back; a very well meaning and earnest albeit very young employee of a tire shop continued to insist to me, and refused to sell & mount for me, a set of tires for my wife's 1/2 year old Nissan sedan because "The system doesn't list these as compatible with your car." No matter how hard I tried to convince him that the tires matched the wheel and vehicle specs he wouldn't budge. That's some seriously strict training, there. A suppose at some point in the past they got burnt for installing the wrong tires on a car??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you just encountering the problem that the 2021 model year isn't listed for the fog light kits? If so, this has become a common problem across many makes & models, despite the fact that the kit and the wiring are the same as prior model years either the manufacturer or the website or whatever entity compiles the listing doesn't update the information so the listing doesn't show the new model year as an option (yet).

That being said, pretty sure if you check the specs on kits for 2020 (and further back, I think) you will find they hook right up.

***Reminds me of an amusing story from couple years back; a very well meaning and earnest albeit very young employee of a tire shop continued to insist to me, and refused to sell & mount for me, a set of tires for my wife's 1/2 year old Nissan sedan because "The system doesn't list these as compatible with your car." No matter how hard I tried to convince him that the tires matched the wheel and vehicle specs he wouldn't budge. That's some seriously strict training, there. A suppose at some point in the past they got burnt for installing the wrong tires on a car??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah I thought that could be it but the latest year I can find is a 2019. And those fog lights appear to be a completely different shape than what’s on the 2020 and 2021s. I’m assuming the plug in is the same but the housing would be an issue.

·
349 Posts
Perfect. Thank you. I was looking at Nissan parts websites but this will do.
No problem. They are quite different than 2016-2019.

I believe some wire splicing is required. Good luck.

·
1 Posts
I had the same question and was excited to see the link until I saw the price! Wow, I may have to wait until some others offer them and the price comes down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts