Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
80% hwy 20% city. Platinum reserve with 600 miles now. I got 21.4 mpg according to the computer. Speeds varied from 55-75 mph. Really enjoyed driving the truck. If the mileage improves from here I will be pleased. The mirrors that come with the truck work nice even if the don't extend out without being done manually. The led headlamps light the road very well. I think people need to give this truck more of a chance unless they really need that 3/4. Truck feels over built like it can do more than the stated capacities.

·
904 Posts
Follow the owners manual break in procedures. Running the truck under load during this time helps with this. If it is not run under load fuel mileage and performance may suffer.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
As realbored has stated the break-in procedure. If driven under load it will take up to 6000 miles to make the cummins more efficient. And driven with little to no load it will take longer to break in.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took approx a 600 mile round trip towing a 21 ft bass boat. Mileage varied from as good as 15.8 doing between 50-65 mph and as poor as 14.1 interstate 70-75 mph. Truck has 1200 miles on it now and the def has not moved much on the graph. Real smooth ride with boat on the hitch. Feels like I over bought for what I tow which I'm ok with :smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts