Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
103 Posts
Nissan under rated this truck a lot, I have not bought one yet, but a friend has and we pulled hay with it around the farm and about 15 miles down the road to the barn, a 30 foot goose neck full of hay, didn't sag too much and no problem with power. I'm ready to trade the 04 Titan in, but in the process of building a new house and i don't want to add more debt at this time. Sure its not going to compete with a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel, but its real close and since I only do this stuff once or twice a year, it will be the right ticket for me and a lot of others.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree! I would wait til you get your house built as well. As an ex-realtor I actually had a couple deals fall apart because the people went and bought new vehicles and it messed up their debt to income ratio. And no longer qualified for the purchase. As far as the truck goes... Love it!

·
40 Posts
Hey Sellitwv just curious what's the sticker on the door say for payload for your truck? I looked at a PR at a car show in February. Sticker on that was 1377.

·
14 Posts
Gabby...the 1377 number is correct for the Platinum. All the others have a higher rating. I spoke with a service manager and we tried to figure out where the weight difference might be (I'm less concerned about unsprung weight such as wheels). 1377 is pretty limiting and the PRO-4X provides a bit more cushion.

Anybody have thoughts on this? The service manager I spoke with thought that the majority of the difference in payload might be in the tire ratings between the two...

I haven't purchased the Titan yet, and am wavering between the Platinum and the P4X. Would like to have the locking diff and the better payload. That said, I'm enamored with the forged copper and java colors and those aren't available on the P4X, and it's hard to find the P4X with all the options (especially the 360 view).

Decisions, decisions...

·
658 Posts
Gabby...the 1377 number is correct for the Platinum. All the others have a higher rating. I spoke with a service manager and we tried to figure out where the weight difference might be (I'm less concerned about unsprung weight such as wheels). 1377 is pretty limiting and the PRO-4X provides a bit more cushion.

Anybody have thoughts on this? The service manager I spoke with thought that the majority of the difference in payload might be in the tire ratings between the two...

I haven't purchased the Titan yet, and am wavering between the Platinum and the P4X. Would like to have the locking diff and the better payload. That said, I'm enamored with the forged copper and java colors and those aren't available on the P4X, and it's hard to find the P4X with all the options (especially the 360 view).

Decisions, decisions...
Buy the gasser XD, payload is MUCH better

·
1,979 Posts

Decisions, decisions...
To be honest the locker is pretty useless since it can only be used in 4L. It should have a limited Slip like a True Trac, that would be more useful in a day to day application.

·
40 Posts
Buy the gasser XD, payload is MUCH better
I'm a year to 18 months out. The gas is the route I'll probably go as payload is what I'm mostly looking for. I haven't driven any yet might entice me too much. The PR felt solid though. I jumped up and down on the rear bumper, it didn't bounce much if any with my 225 lbs on the back like the other half tons. The #s don't do this justice when I'm seeing the loads most guys seem to be loading these up with. 2800 lbs in the bed is impressive though. The gas version looks like it will handle over 3000 lbs comfortably.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts