Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are +18 and no leveling kit! they do rub so trimming was necessary on inner plastic fender and I even ground some of the inner rail, there is a little lip on the rail that I trimmed off nothing major to do!

·
129 Posts
They are +18 and no leveling kit! they do rub so trimming was necessary on inner plastic fender and I even ground some of the inner rail, there is a little lip on the rail that I trimmed off nothing major to do!
You did the exact same trimming as me it sounds like! Mine are +12 and I had to do inner wheel well liner and a little of the sheet metal rail as well but looks good and no rub!

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You did the exact same trimming as me it sounds like! Mine are +12 and I had to do inner wheel well liner and a little of the sheet metal rail as well but looks good and no rub!

Yes I was following your thread and was apprehensive going to the wheel size but I wanted the more aggressive look so had to do it LOL! It helps having a little fab shop do do things!

·
82 Posts
Thanks! That is the exact offset I'm thinking of for mine. I'm considering either the 285s like you have or possibly 305/55s. I might opt for the rough country 2" lift to see if that gets me out of the trimming. I'd rather not do that if I can help it. Looks like I need to do some more measuring!

Your truck looks great with the bigger tires/wheels. Are they 9" wheels?

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! That is the exact offset I'm thinking of for mine. I'm considering either the 285s like you have or possibly 305/55s. I might opt for the rough country 2" lift to see if that gets me out of the trimming. I'd rather not do that if I can help it. Looks like I need to do some more measuring!

Your truck looks great with the bigger tires/wheels. Are they 9" wheels?

Yes 9" I want to do a lift but wife says she has a hard time getting in it now! So If I am going to make her mad I am thinking on waiting for 6" lift she can only get mad once LOL!

·
129 Posts
Yup got the lift Friday and looks good. I'm going to try and put it on this Friday as I have my xd at Nissan getting a squeak in the front end steering looked at. Hopefully it doesn't take to long and I'll have pics up this weekend.

·
23 Posts
Your wheel and tire combo, how far do they stick out past the fenders? Going with 20" wheels myself but want to be sure tires will give me the right push out to be flush with new bushwacker flares.
What is your backspacing/offset on the wheels?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts