Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,

if someone wants to know my mpg unladen, please refer to my 1st report: https://www.titanxdforum.com/threads/first-report-my-5-6-gasser-mpg.40640/

Vehicle: 2018 XD 5.6L gas engine; trim SV crew cab 4x4. no lift, no mod. 18" wheel. all factory

put it on road first time last week for towing my TT....trailer is 27'long loaded 6000lbs.

combined 26.5L/100km (US 8.9 mpg). cruise speed 105km/h (65m/h). 2/3 of trip has not much grade change; 1/3 mountain road in Rockies.

towed great. very smooth. when it hits 7% slope, engine runs in range of 5000rpm to maintain the speed. engine sounds really sexy.

next week, i will set the speed @ 95km (60mph) see how it goes.

Thanks,
Jim

·
629 Posts
I thought about going the "gas" version, but I figured the diesel would be better suited for pulling. Seeing your mpg's, that's not too bad. If you factor in the additional cost of diesel fuel over gasoline and all the maintenance we diesel's owners have to do versus the gas owners I think you made the right choice.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Not to mention the higher cost of the truck with said diesel engine.

·
185 Posts
When you factor in the decreased payload, I can't see how the 5.0 makes sense. Not to mention what a slug it is unloaded. What was Nissan thinking with 5.0? All the emissions bullshit and added maintenance costs, but without the power. For anyone needing a truck that will always be pulling a load, I'd go with one of the big three.

·
1,467 Posts
When you factor in the decreased payload, I can't see how the 5.0 makes sense. Not to mention what a slug it is unloaded. What was Nissan thinking with 5.0? All the emissions bullshit and added maintenance costs, but without the power. For anyone needing a truck that will always be pulling a load, I'd go with one of the big three.
Speak for yourself. The only extra stuff is changing fuel filters more often and adding def fluid, which in 6k miles I've only added def 3 times I believe. And say what you want about the power, i would love for you to hook to this 14k lb load I'm pulling tomorrow and see how the gas version likes it. The Cummins tows this load easily. I'm coming from a 5.6 titan so I know the difference in towing, and its drastic. Theres no way in hell you could get me to swap back lol. As for the big 3, I've compared new and older f250s to mine and I'll take mine all day. No I dont have the power as the new ones but this truck does great

·
104 Posts
Speak for yourself. The only extra stuff is changing fuel filters more often and adding def fluid, which in 6k miles I've only added def 3 times I believe. And say what you want about the power, i would love for you to hook to this 14k lb load I'm pulling tomorrow and see how the gas version likes it. The Cummins tows this load easily. I'm coming from a 5.6 titan so I know the difference in towing, and its drastic. Theres no way in hell you could get me to swap back lol. As for the big 3, I've compared new and older f250s to mine and I'll take mine all day. No I dont have the power as the new ones but this truck does great
Not to mention the 80k to buy one of the big three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,324 Posts
I thought about going the "gas" version, but I figured the diesel would be better suited for pulling. Seeing your mpg's, that's not too bad. If you factor in the additional cost of diesel fuel over gasoline and all the maintenance we diesel's owners have to do versus the gas owners I think you made the right choice.
Try factoring in the 3-5 truck purchases you gassers make to equal the miles the diesel can get you. My new truck is completely upgraded to “old school” and it will hit 500k no problem. I average 16 mpg with towing a significant percentage and i can run through elevation on an easy 2 rpm.

I can also drop any of u gassers on the track and gave better fuel economy doing it. Slug. Lol. Wtfe

·
1,467 Posts
Try factoring in the 3-5 truck purchases you gassers make to equal the miles the diesel can get you. My new truck is completely upgraded to “old school” and it will hit 500k no problem. I average 16 mpg with towing a significant percentage and i can run through elevation on an easy 2 rpm.

I can also drop any of u gassers on the track and gave better fuel economy doing it. Slug. Lol. Wtfe
Some people just dont get it bro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts