Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here. I bit the bullet and traded in my 2010 Titan LE for a 2016 Titan XD SL a little over 3 weeks ago.

I live in central WA and when my local dealer got an S version, I took it for a test drive and was sold. I was looking for a black on black SL and would have patiently waited for my dealer to get an SL to trade to another dealer and get exactly what I wanted.

Then, I happened to look on the Nissan site and saw that they have a locator based on your build. It so happened that I found a black on black SL that was at an Olympia, WA dealer. I called the dealer and they said that they didn't have the truck in...yet. I told them that I would take it off of their hands the day they got it if we can agree on some numbers. The dealer and I came to an agreement after some back and forth discussions that took a little over an hour. I drove to my Mom's house who lived about a half hour away from Olympia. I figured if things went south, at least I would have visited my Mom.

I went into the dealer the next day and got the paperwork done. I was surprised that the dealer kept their word on the numbers that we agreed upon over the phone. It was a pretty good experience. I just had to wait a week for the truck to arrive. Picked up the truck when it came in and drove it back home. Again, no funny stuff with the dealer when I picked it up.

The local dealer has not got another one yet to sell (dealership owner called dibs on an SL that came. I would be willing to bet that mine, the type S that was sold, and the owner's SL will be the only ones locally over the next 3 months.

I am at above 1300 miles and have had no issues whatsoever. I get questions about the truck everywhere that I go. Home Depot seems to be the hot spot.

I do get some feedback on the fact that Dodge has a more powerful Cummings for less price. I am OK with that. I only need to pull my boat. I'm not pulling horses or anything that warrants more power.

I see that there are some trolls touting how Ford, GMC, or Dodge is better. To that I say 'what constitutes better?' Power this and gas mileage this and aesthetics that. You can get a Honda Accord with similar power and probably more options than a comparable BMW. Using the troll rationale, why the **** would anyone buy a BMW over the Accord? A Prius gets better gas mileage than either, so why the **** would anybody buy an accord or BMW?

It all comes down to a matter of what a person wants. The value isn't in whether somebody else agrees or disagrees with you. It is what YOU believe is right for you.

To sum it up, Titan owners love their Titans...just as much as anybody loves their line of trucks.

I just had to post as a new member because the dissenting opinions on what truck is better is analogous to a sports, religion, or political discussion.

View attachment 2730

View attachment 2738

·
72 Posts
Glad your enjoying it. Still loving ours. Same state as you.
My XD wil get to tow my 24' sea Ray command bridge soon as I get a new water pump it it.

·
857 Posts
Hearing these positive responses about the titan goes a long way, but i'll still be on the look out for what long term owners have to say since that can really show some weak points and even strong points.

·
72 Posts
Still loving ours. Tried to do first 'heavy tow' last weekend with a gooseneck and small backhoe, right at around 11k. Truck was ready but my adj gooseneck on my trailer all but fell right out. Had to get a new assembly in route. Hope to see it soon, I'll do a tow report soon as it's back together. Live on a 13% grade as well so will be a good test

·
72 Posts
Funny thing, always had to guess at my hills grade, figured it at 12 or so. The inclination meter in the XD actually came in handy, put it at a 13% max.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts