Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just want to report my experience w/pulling my toy hauler for a 30 mile round trip. It's a 34' bumper pull, that's 900 lbs at the hitch, and 7000 lbs dry. GVWR is 9900, but other than basic pots and pans my camper was empty for this dry run. The loop I did was a mix of stop and go 30 mph zones, and brief 40-55 zones. Some decent hills to climb as well. When all was said and done, I averaged 10.5mpg. The XD didn't even notice the weight behind it when climbing the hills at all.
So far I'm very happy with this setup, and will be pulling my trailer to the Adirondack region of NY next weekend. I'll have a better feel for it's highway capabilities shortly…

Kelly

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thread update: I recently did a 500 mile round trip with my TT, and averaged 10.5 mpg again. This time my trailer had roughly 1000 additional pounds in it (it's a toy hauler), totaling 8000lbs. The drive was mostly a mix of 30-55 mph roads, and was full of very long, steep hills. The XD did great handling these conditions, however it went through A LOT of DEF fluid.
I'll update again once I pull the TT to coastal Maine in a weeks. That drive will be mostly highways, as well as much less elevation.

Kelly

·
1,979 Posts
Have you actually taken that trailer over a set of scales or are you going off of the factory tag ?

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, AZPRO4X, not scales…just factory tag.

I pulled my camper last weekend to Watkins Glen NY for my last race of the year…two stand up jet skis in the hauler garage, and one in the bed of the truck. Each ski approx. 360 lbs, + 5 5gallon fuel jugs, riding gear for three people, and 40 gallons fresh water…9.5mpg. The truck handled the drive well, but I wish it had a little more under the hood for the steeper hills. I'm really thinking about adding the AFE Scorcher into the equation for next summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts