Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well we picked up our new left over 2014 open range light 5th wheel on Friday and took it out for the weekend. The truck preformed beautifully, it towed like a gem, lots of power and super stable. It was windy on Friday and today on the drive home the truck did not move one bit, we were in complete control 100% of the time. Needless to say i am very impressed with it.

Rear sag - it brought the ass end down but not horribly at all, i saw a lot worse today, the best was a new EcoJoke F150 pulling a looked to be a 30'+ bumper tow and there was i would say maybe 2" between top wheels and fenders.

Best of all were using the goose neck so total cost for the ball kit (Curt mfg from amazon) and the 25K goose neck coupler ( Bulldog - amazon buy again) was $316 total for both. Sure is a lot cheaper than buying a 5th wheel set up.

Specs on the trailer are:
35' Over all lenght
Hitch weight 1400lbs
Dry weight 8010
Loaded up no clue but im sure we got a 1K or so in there.

Reactions: TitanCowboy

·
89 Posts
Gooseneck

Sounds great, do you have the Amazon part numbers for the gooseneck ball and the gooseneck adapter?
How was your cab clearance with the fifth wheel hooked up?

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything was good for clearance all the way around no issues at all. Below are the items that i ordered.

CURT Manufacturing P/N# 60692 - Gooseneck Ball and Safety Chain Anchor Kit
Bulldog P/N# 128902 - 25K Round Gooseneck Coupler - Adjustable Height, 2-5/16" - No outer sleeve
Hopkins P/N# 41157 - Endurance 5th Wheel Wiring Kit (inbox 7 pin wiring)

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can get a full 90* just like the trailer said I didnt believe it, but tested it out in the parking lot when we picked it up.

Reactions: digitalbliss

·
103 Posts
Looks like you have a great set-up - perfect for a short bed truck, no worries wherever you have to go. I've towed a few campers where I was worried about hitting during tight turns and was always having to double check my self, not a good feeling. Happy camping !!!

·
929 Posts
Everything was good for clearance all the way around no issues at all. Below are the items that i ordered.

CURT Manufacturing P/N# 60692 - Gooseneck Ball and Safety Chain Anchor Kit
Bulldog P/N# 128902 - 25K Round Gooseneck Coupler - Adjustable Height, 2-5/16" - No outer sleeve
Hopkins P/N# 41157 - Endurance 5th Wheel Wiring Kit (inbox 7 pin wiring)
Is there an adapter going from the gooseneck to the king pin on the trailer? Or is it part of the Bulldog coupler.

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually this make of trailer, has an adjustable pin box so you can either run the goose neck coupler or the normal King Pin.

Reactions: realbored

·
1,269 Posts
Put the Ultimate 5000 air bags on the rear and that will end ANY sag you have!

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, I know... I had a set of air bags on my last ram 3500 they worked beautifly but I hated it. Ride was ****. But that truck was used and built for hard work and towing. Hay, horses our old trailer and mini excavators. Gotta love acreage life hahaha. Good thing we sold almost everything and live in town now...not

Reactions: Jtp

·
12 Posts
I have a 2017 Pro 4x. I have a Curt 5th wheel but had to purchase a Reese Sidewinder to get the full 90 degree. And i have to slide it manually, however, so far I’ve not needed to use it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts