Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

3in lift with 35x12.50 (made it happen)

17K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  88Falcon 
#1 ·
I’ve been sitting back and researching seeing what lift tires and wheel combos people are running. What needed to be tweaked or trimmed. I didn’t have much to spend. I still wanted my truck functional but have a good stance to it. I settled with the 3in ready lift. Basically it’s just 3in spacers in the front and 2in blocks in the rear with rear shock extensions. I’m not into the super wide big rim fad plus I’m trying to stay in budget. So I went to a smaller rim. I settled on 18” rim with a -12 offest from Vision called rockers. The tire I ran with was the Nitto G2 35x12.50 not to aggressive since I mostly drive highway. To fit these tires with this lift I went bought 6 new longer bumper bolts (M10x1.25 50mm) with washers and moved my front bumper out about 3/4” to 1”. I also had to cut the fender wells in front of the doors about 3” and peel them back into the truck but the tires still do rub at full lock. Overall I’m very impressed with how the truck looks. The drive quality is still the same but of course my fuel mileage did drop but that’s expected. Hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade the look of their truck.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
All I used to trim was a handheld grinder with a small cutting wheel. It’s not the cleanest and I still might doctor it up a little with a grinder and some spray on rubber. But honestly unless you climb underneath it you would never be able to tell I cut it.

Attachments

#9 ·
Hi all new to forum. I have 2016 XD diesel Pro-4x. I will do 2.5 inch from RC. I was looking to fit these tires with stock wheel 35X12.50R18LT (as it's too wide?), but I think it's a problematic after reading this thread, may be I will got with either LT275/70R18 (33X11.50R18 ) or LT295/70R18 . Would do think ? Thanks

#17 ·
I ended up with a similar setup. Vision Rockers 18x9 but +12. 295 Falken AT3W which didn’t require a bumper spacer but I did grind and fold over the punch weld. I took out approx 1” of metal where the OP folded it up. It can be done clean and the fender well pulled back to cover, I watched the Custom Offsets video first and matched what they did. Rubbed bad until the mid was done. Pics show how far out a +12 offset is.

Attachments

Reactions: Keychain444
#18 ·
Have to thank Keychain for the inspiration on the look, in case anyone cares this setup out the door was less than putting Ridge Grapplers on factory rims. So far I really like the Falkens, usually run Toyos but at this price I had to try them.

Reactions: Keychain444
#19 ·
Looks pretty good. You should post pictures of you fender surgery.

Yeah, the price is cheaper, but it’s for good reason. Vision wheels are made in China and are mostly cast materials. The factory 20’s ( and most ‘premium wheels’ on Nissan vehicles are flow formed aluminum and made by Enkei from Japan.

And the Nitto’s vs the Falken’s are apples to oranges. I haven’t found a AT I like more than the Ridge Grapplers- and I’ve been through a few sets on our 3 trucks. LOL

#20 ·
I'll get some pics of the fenders this weekend. I run the Toyo Rt's on my 16 F350 for work and the Toyo MT's on my 06. Both have been great tires, probably go Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the work truck soon to try them. The Toyos hum but the Falkens on my XD are almost silent although not as aggressive. Unfortunately the Titan doesn't get much mileage so it will be a while before I have a follow up report. On the wheels I wanted the Icon Rebounds at 2700 lb rating and made in the US but in 18" they are backordered for a while. 2400 lb rated cast Vision wheels are close enough to the rear axle weight rating for my use on this truck. Good info on the Enkei made factories, if I had a Pro4x with 18's I would have never changed them.

Reactions: QuikCoastie17
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.