Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wanting to upgrade my lighting primarily for off road driving. Money is tight. I found some cheapo pods on amazon made by auxbeam. They appear to be sufficient until I can afford something better. I’m not finding a lot of mounting bracket options for the XD. The few I’ve found are in the $130 range. I can’t justify that cost.

I’ve searched the forum a couple ways. Aside from info about light bars or LED bulb replacements, I can’t find any posts from anyone whose done this.

Anyone know of any reasonably priced mounting options out there? Any help is appreciated!

Below is what I’m wanting to do:

·
324 Posts
Perhaps look into temporary mounts? A cushioned clamping system so you can adjust them as needed for each situation and take them off when you're on pavement. They'll also last longer as you probably don't need them for 99%+ of the miles you'll put on the truck.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps look into temporary mounts? A cushioned clamping system so you can adjust them as needed for each situation and take them off when you're on pavement. They'll also last longer as you probably don't need them for 99%+ of the miles you'll put on the truck.
Not a bad idea but I am looking for a more permanent solution. I may have to just suck it up and piss some money away.

·
4 Posts
I had the zroadz mounts on my Power Wagon. Worked very well. They didn't bounce or wobble. Easy to mount too. I'd recommend them. I'm going to see if they fit my XD one of these days.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the zroadz mounts on my Power Wagon. Worked very well. They didn't bounce or wobble. Easy to mount too. I'd recommend them. I'm going to see if they fit my XD one of these days.
Glad to hear they worked well. I’d sure hope so at that cost. For more common vehicles comparable mounts seem to be about half the price. Oh well. I’ll probably grab a set once my income rebounds from all this madness.

Why’d you get rid of the Power Wagon? Don’t get me wrong I’m pretty happy with my XD, but a PW is my dream ride. I just couldn’t find a used one with acceptable mileage in my price range.

·
1,475 Posts
Glad to hear they worked well. I’d sure hope so at that cost. For more common vehicles comparable mounts seem to be about half the price. Oh well. I’ll probably grab a set once my income rebounds from all this madness.

Why’d you get rid of the Power Wagon? Don’t get me wrong I’m pretty happy with my XD, but a PW is my dream ride. I just couldn’t find a used one with acceptable mileage in my price range.
Why is the pw a dream ride for you? A gasser 2500 doesnt make sense to me

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why is the pw a dream ride for you? A gasser 2500 doesnt make sense to me
big beefy truck. Good room inside. Good aftermarket support. Front/rear locker and disconnecting sway bar. Ability to run big tires with no lift. Solid front axle with good amount of flex. Warn winch included. It’s pretty much ready to rock from the factory. Not too mention they are awesome looking.

I have a wheelin fetish and don’t haul much. The scaled down tow capacity on the PW compared to most 2500’s is still more than enough for me. Only problem is the reduced payload with the off-road suspension but that can be addressed in the aftermarket.
The size might be a problem too in some narrow trails. No vehicle is perfect but to me, that sucker comes damn close.

·
1,475 Posts
big beefy truck. Good room inside. Good aftermarket support. Front/rear locker and disconnecting sway bar. Ability to run big tires with no lift. Solid front axle with good amount of flex. Warn winch included. It’s pretty much ready to rock from the factory. Not too mention they are awesome looking.

I have a wheelin fetish and don’t haul much. The scaled down tow capacity on the PW compared to most 2500’s is still more than enough for me. Only problem is the reduced payload with the off-road suspension but that can be addressed in the aftermarket.
The size might be a problem too in some narrow trails. No vehicle is perfect but to me, that sucker comes damn close.
Haha heard that. I'm just not a fan of dodge vehicles. The features it has is pretty cool I will say

·
4 Posts

I had to get rid of the PW because of major electrical problems. After I bought it, I discovered it was in an unreported flood. The engine needed ti be replaced, it was hit or miss weather it would start. It was my dream truck that eventually became a nightmare. I have had Cummins power trucks in the past and wanted an XD as soon as I saw it. Im kinda done with Dodge/Ram for a bit.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I decided to piss away money and bought the ZROADZ brackets and 2 sets of rigid lights; a spot and a flood. Couldn’t be happier with the look or light output.

·
11 Posts
Is there any issue with glare off the hood when you drive or not noticeable?

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven’t had a chance to use the spot lights very often. They are too bright for street use as they are significantly brighter then high beams...That said, the few times I’ve fired them up I didn’t notice any issues with the light reflecting off the hood. I’d bet it did, at least a little, but it wasn’t a problem at all.

·
203 Posts
I have had the Zroad hood mounts for roughly 3 years and never had any issue with them coming loose.

The glare is minimal and helps a ton in dense fog, heavy rain and snow.

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had the Zroad hood mounts for roughly 3 years and never had any issue with them coming loose.

The glare is minimal and helps a ton in dense fog, heavy rain and snow.

View attachment 45283
Nice looking rig! Do your spot lights wobble a little bit when driving at faster speeds? Mine do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts