Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I sold my project truck. It was a bittersweet moment to say the least. But I thought I would share my experience.

The trip was from Terre Haute, IN to Columbus, IN. For those of you that don't know southern Indiana can be quite hilly. It was 189 miles from my starting point to my destination and the last 60 miles or so was hill country along with a lot of construction and stop and go traffic on I-65.

Headed down 16ft car trailer with a winch that weighs approx. 2,800 lbs empty and my 78' RCLB Ford that weight 4,800 lbs for a total of 7600 lbs give or take a couple hundred. 12.4 MPG.

Headed back just the trailer and by the end of the trip I was @ 14.2 MPG.

This included about an hour of idling when unloading the trailer and making the sell (chit chatting and what not).

I didn't think that was to bad at all.

·
430 Posts
Yesterday I sold my project truck. It was a bittersweet moment to say the least. But I thought I would share my experience.

The trip was from Terre Haute, IN to Columbus, IN. For those of you that don't know southern Indiana can be quite hilly. It was 189 miles from my starting point to my destination and the last 60 miles or so was hill country along with a lot of construction and stop and go traffic on I-65.

Headed down 16ft car trailer with a winch that weighs approx. 2,800 lbs empty and my 78' RCLB Ford that weight 4,800 lbs for a total of 7600 lbs give or take a couple hundred. 12.4 MPG.

Headed back just the trailer and by the end of the trip I was @ 14.2 MPG.

This included about an hour of idling when unloading the trailer and making the sell (chit chatting and what not).

I didn't think that was to bad at all.
Nope. Not bad at all, considering the idling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts