Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put truck in 4wd today and 4wd error warning came on Dash and ABS and TRACTION CONTROL lit up? It says see owners manual. Will look into it when I get home

·
50 Posts
During a test drive, stuff like this lit up for me, ended up being loose positive clamp on battery terminal. Doubt it's your fix, but I am curious

·
167 Posts
I had the same thing happen coming down a very steep hill. It was a little slippery but I wasn't in 4WD or anything. I restarted truck and it all went away. The ABS light and ATP light and all the stuff lit up. Hasn't happened since

·
772 Posts
you werent in 4lo were you? 4 lo will disable ABS and light up the dash pretty good.

I had the same thing happen coming down a very steep hill. It was a little slippery but I wasn't in 4WD or anything. I restarted truck and it all went away. The ABS light and ATP light and all the stuff lit up. Hasn't happened since
was the system sensing tire slippage? it'll flash at you if you slide and spin. Especially if you have traction control turned on. Turning it off lets you have a little more fun.

(assuming nissan is using the same electronic system in the XD that they used in the previous titans)

·
167 Posts
Turning traction control off didn't effect anything. It's a new vehicle, I'm sure there will be a couple CPU flashes to get things worked out as no manufacturer typically nails it right out of the gate either. The test mules get monkeyed with so much that I think there is the odd issue with programming when it gets translated to production vehicles. Anyways, at least Nissan doesn't put you in limp mode or stop you from driving when a warning like this comes up.

Which also brings me back to one of the biggest things I still love about Nissan. The seat belt warning doesn't beep at you incessantly like most other manufactures as there are times that I'm off the beaten track and don't need to hear that **** seatbelt warning every 30 seconds.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It wasn't in 4lo. It isn't the same kind of lights you get when traction control kicks on. Only when I put it in 4 high. When I put in 4 high it it kicks the warning and 4high won't engage. Could be my imagination but may be has a slight vibration in front end almost like front wheels are locked in but the 4wd is not working. If I turn the truck off and only have it in 2wd it doesn't trip the light only in 4wd it will trip the light. Made appt for Monday. Will keep everyone informed. Will also mention to tech about previous warning about service throttle control.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well looks like truck will be in shop a few days. Nissan is flying in some engineers to look it over. They asked me what I was doing when this happened and if I feel or hear anything? I told them I build houses and i was on a 12 percent grade on loose gravel and instead of tearing up the gravel I switched it in 4hi. Didn't hear anything abnormal. Just the beep of the warning light when it errored. Will keep everyone posted...

·
167 Posts
Got an error driving home. Not in 4wd or nothing. This error resets if I restart truck. I'm very interested in what they determine is up with yours. I may have a similar issue. I'll be contacting Nissan soon. It's happened more than once now. Seems like a software glitch.

Attachments

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My error reset also when I turned the truck off. Only when I switched into 4wd did it error. Then it would stay on until the truck was turned off

·
1,979 Posts
hey there, I have the same issue with my truck...how long did the part take to come in in total once ordered? I have been waiting for two weeks :(
How long it took for his to come in is going to be a completely inaccurate time frame for your situation. The best thing you can do is contact your dealer and get a update.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The transfer case was a 2 day order and was ready to install... HOWEVER... the drive shaft bolts were the culprit. They are torque to yield and cannot be reused. They took 3 weeks to come in. Sorry to hear about ur transfer case... I called nissan north american and they were able to expedite the order as they put some heat directly on the service department. They also l gave me a 2015 titan to run around in until mine got out of surgery... But I had to ask pretty hard for that even...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts