Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thread is intended to be informational to other owners. I have a issue with my Titan XD that started on 12/27. After driving in 2wd for a few mins to as long as 15 mins, a 4WD error warning message will pop up on the display. When this happens the ABS, Traction Control and ATP lights will come on as well. While the truck is in this state, I have no control over going in and out of 4hi or 4lo so truck is basically stuck in 2wd mode. Truck was at the dealer recently from 12/30-1/2, during this time, the dealer installed a software update and performed a hard reset of the 4WD system which was recommend by Nissan. Service Manager stated that if it continues contact him and he will document each insistence of it happening. On 1/4 the error returned, I talked to the service manager and he is getting with his diesel tech and Nissan this morning to research the problem some more and will get back to me this afternoon. The codes the dealer pulled are: P2509-00 (ECM/PCM power input signal), C1118 (4wd system), P182A (HI-LO Position Sen), 47 (axle/differential) Anyone else having this problem and What was done to fix it?

Attachments

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is being discussed in a few other threads .
Cool aviator, btw
yea, read thru one of the long threads on it. the guy was getting a new transfer case installed if i remember correctly. I had my service manager read thru it and he doesn't think that is the problem with mine. Added the codes to my first post

·
2 Posts
My 2017 just tripped a 4WD error code over Xmas break.

Took it in on monday and was told it was a faulty ABS. Nissan has approved replacement but I have not received word yet when the part will come in ???? Service manager told me this cost is $3,000

Vehicle has @ 3,800 miles on it. I purchased it @ 11/30/16.

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sent my service manager some links to threads on here, where the end result was the transfer case being replaced. Waiting for a response from him. I am pretty sure that my truck is going to need a transfer case and drive shaft bolts.

·
904 Posts
I sent my service manager some links to threads on here, where the end result was the transfer case being replaced. Waiting for a response from him. I am pretty sure that my truck is going to need a transfer case and drive shaft bolts.
Yep I needed a transfer case and have had no problem since. Glad you let them know about the bolts! Good luck!

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got word today the transfer case needs replaced. NissanUSA approved it, Service Manager said the early builds have been getting a newer transfer case. I asked what the difference is and he wasn't sure. Should get a ETA when the new transfer case will arrive tomorrow. Dealer has provided me a Titan XD cummins pro4x until work is completed, which i have had a few times. Will post another update tomorrow, hopefully this thread provides help to other owners with the fault codes.

·
33 Posts
WOW... I have had this issue since Dec 27th. I have been calling my Nissan Service dealer everyday for 1 week. I finally was able to connect with Nissan head office today to elevate the complaint. I STILL DO NOT HAVE A DATE TO REPLACE MY TRANSFER CASE, as they cannot locate one. I am pissed. Been stuck 3 times now. Yesterday watched mini vans drive around me while I was stuck in the snow.

·
204 Posts
Is there a way to duplicate this? I dont have the need for 4 wheel drive at the moment and should i put it it 4x4 more often to dupicate or what?

·
338 Posts
Walkdog, I think for JB and others (like me) this error occurs when NOT IN 4WD...just driving down the road...usually in the first 15 minutes if it going to happen. Mine--an SL built in March, 2016 and bought November 28 with about 850 miles now--has been doing this off and on since a day or so after I drove it how. Just rolling down the road in 2WD and it pops the error. I can put it in 4WD and have done so--thought once the error occurs, you have to shut off the truck before it will clear...and until you do, it is 2WD.

So if you don't get this in 2WD, you are probably fine. Seems hard to believe a whole new transfer case is the solution, but if so, I need to get mine in to the service guys as well.

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW... I have had this issue since Dec 27th. I have been calling my Nissan Service dealer everyday for 1 week. I finally was able to connect with Nissan head office today to elevate the complaint. I STILL DO NOT HAVE A DATE TO REPLACE MY TRANSFER CASE, as they cannot locate one. I am pissed. Been stuck 3 times now. Yesterday watched mini vans drive around me while I was stuck in the snow.
Sorry i missed your post. I am getting this error when just driving around like @Vann5 said.

Is there a way to duplicate this? I dont have the need for 4 wheel drive at the moment and should i put it it 4x4 more often to dupicate or what?
I am just driving normal and it will pop up on the display after 10-15 mins. I have yet to be able to duplicate it and make it do it on my own. 4x4 works fine when error is not displayed

Walkdog, I think for JB and others (like me) this error occurs when NOT IN 4WD...just driving down the road...usually in the first 15 minutes if it going to happen. Mine--an SL built in March, 2016 and bought November 28 with about 850 miles now--has been doing this off and on since a day or so after I drove it how. Just rolling down the road in 2WD and it pops the error. I can put it in 4WD and have done so--thought once the error occurs, you have to shut off the truck before it will clear...and until you do, it is 2WD.

So if you don't get this in 2WD, you are probably fine. Seems hard to believe a whole new transfer case is the solution, but if so, I need to get mine in to the service guys as well.
Yup, exactly. Where did you find the build date? I have a SL as well.

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI, I called Nissan Corporate. They responded the next business day locating a new transfer case. The dealer is now offering me a loaner 4x4 while they replace it this week. Nissan stepped up.
My transfer case is still scheduled to arrive on friday. Its has taken a week to get it in because of the size and weight. I am driving a PRO4X diesel loaner while they have mine.

·
5 Posts
Mine did it on the test drive dealer did a hard reset then a day after I bought it did it again. Dealer says Nissan has never seen this issue truck goes back in Tuesday for a Nissan field tech to look at. I hope they figure it out luv the truck. December of 15 is build date. Also they have tried to align it 3 times might take it to a different guy for that.

·
338 Posts
The build/manufacturing date is on the VIN plate in the driver's door jam...when you open the door look for it down low. It only gives month not day though. Whereas if you take the engine serial number and register on the Cummins Quickserve site (free access to some information for individual vehicle/engine owners) you can find out the exact build date for your engine. Perhaps not a really useful thing, but the info on that site otherwise is very interetsting.

·
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool thanks! i got my truck back today. The transfer case showed up early and the service manager put my truck as a priority to get it done since it was the money maker today. The bill sent to NissanUSA was for 5 grand. transfer case and misc parts came to 3k and labor was another 2k. We will see if the error comes back over the next few days.

·
955 Posts
cool thanks! i got my truck back today. The transfer case showed up early and the service manager put my truck as a priority to get it done since it was the money maker today. The bill sent to NissanUSA was for 5 grand. transfer case and misc parts came to 3k and labor was another 2k. We will see if the error comes back over the next few days.
That's one **** of a labor charge. Warranty time to replace the transfer case is only 1.4 hours.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts