Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
2 Posts
Well, it looks like my Pro-4X is the latest to catch the Transfer Case bug. I hadn't noticed any codes or problems prior to yesterday. I made a trip out to my cabin about 50 miles from here, and drove to the bottom of my steep driveway there. When I was ready to head home, decided that since the driveway was wet, muddy and still a little icy with the thawing ground, that I better use 4wd to drive up. I turned selector switch and headed uphill to find that 4wd didn't engage and I had to maintain wheelspin with Goodyear Dura-Tracs to make it all the way up. When I stopped at the top of the hill, I turned selector switch to 2WD and back to 4WD. That is when I was the code for 4WD error.

I limped the truck in 2WD to make sure all was rolling along OK, then made the 50 mile drive home. ABS and Traction Control lights on the whole way. No cruise control either. Called from the road to make an appointment and luckily got the truck in first thing this morning, with codes still displayed on the drive to dealership.

After explaining all to Service Manager, he says, "I hope it's not a Transfer Case!" "We have replaced 6 already in 2018, for similar issues, and I think they are now backordered" My truck is a 2017 Pro4X purchased October 1, 2017 and has 6300 miles on it. I love this truck, and am really disappointed to hear that I may have a long wait to get it back.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Well, it looks like my Pro-4X is the latest to catch the Transfer Case bug. I hadn't noticed any codes or problems prior to yesterday. I made a trip out to my cabin about 50 miles from here, and drove to the bottom of my steep driveway there. When I was ready to head home, decided that since the driveway was wet, muddy and still a little icy with the thawing ground, that I better use 4wd to drive up. I turned selector switch and headed uphill to find that 4wd didn't engage and I had to maintain wheelspin with Goodyear Dura-Tracs to make it all the way up. When I stopped at the top of the hill, I turned selector switch to 2WD and back to 4WD. That is when I was the code for 4WD error.

I limped the truck in 2WD to make sure all was rolling along OK, then made the 50 mile drive home. ABS and Traction Control lights on the whole way. No cruise control either. Called from the road to make an appointment and luckily got the truck in first thing this morning, with codes still displayed on the drive to dealership.

After explaining all to Service Manager, he says, "I hope it's not a Transfer Case!" "We have replaced 6 already in 2018, for similar issues, and I think they are now backordered" My truck is a 2017 Pro4X purchased October 1, 2017 and has 6300 miles on it. I love this truck, and am really disappointed to hear that I may have a long wait to get it back.
Makes me a bit nervous as I have a 17 Pro4x that I got in Jul 2017 with around 8k miles on it. I am sure Nissan will try to void my warranty too, being that it is tuned. Even thought there is a definite pattern of these having issues.

·
904 Posts
I would contact Nissan north America. Of they say your transfer case is backordered for sure. Alot of times nna will rush it along or find one for a disgruntled client. It worked for my transfer case/ driveshaft bolts...

·
314 Posts
Makes me a bit nervous as I have a 17 Pro4x that I got in Jul 2017 with around 8k miles on it. I am sure Nissan will try to void my warranty too, being that it is tuned. Even thought there is a definite pattern of these having issues.
I am in the same boat. I am going to put my DPF back in and flash it back to stock before I bring it in

·
3 Posts
Thread is intended to be informational to other owners. I have a issue with my Titan XD that started on 12/27. After driving in 2wd for a few mins to as long as 15 mins, a 4WD error warning message will pop up on the display. When this happens the ABS, Traction Control and ATP lights will come on as well. While the truck is in this state, I have no control over going in and out of 4hi or 4lo so truck is basically stuck in 2wd mode. Truck was at the dealer recently from 12/30-1/2, during this time, the dealer installed a software update and performed a hard reset of the 4WD system which was recommend by Nissan. Service Manager stated that if it continues contact him and he will document each insistence of it happening. On 1/4 the error returned, I talked to the service manager and he is getting with his diesel tech and Nissan this morning to research the problem some more and will get back to me this afternoon. The codes the dealer pulled are: P2509-00 (ECM/PCM power input signal), C1118 (4wd system), P182A (HI-LO Position Sen), 47 (axle/differential) Anyone else having this problem and What was done to fix it?

·
3 Posts
Thread is intended to be informational to other owners. I have a issue with my Titan XD that started on 12/27. After driving in 2wd for a few mins to as long as 15 mins, a 4WD error warning message will pop up on the display. When this happens the ABS, Traction Control and ATP lights will come on as well. While the truck is in this state, I have no control over going in and out of 4hi or 4lo so truck is basically stuck in 2wd mode. Truck was at the dealer recently from 12/30-1/2, during this time, the dealer installed a software update and performed a hard reset of the 4WD system which was recommend by Nissan. Service Manager stated that if it continues contact him and he will document each insistence of it happening. On 1/4 the error returned, I talked to the service manager and he is getting with his diesel tech and Nissan this morning to research the problem some more and will get back to me this afternoon. The codes the dealer pulled are: P2509-00 (ECM/PCM power input signal), C1118 (4wd system), P182A (HI-LO Position Sen), 47 (axle/differential) Anyone else having this problem and What was done to fix it?
Just happened to me 2 days ago. Taking to dealer tommorow. I drive to CO, MUST have 4WD. Have had multiple issues with this truck. 2017 with 67k miles. Total POS!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts