Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so two weeks ago my 17 titan xd s extended died on the highway .reduced power kicked own.i was pulling an 8x16 enclosed trailer with a total weight of 3678..got truck off road .would not start after siting for about 30 min..had it towed to my warehouse ,went and bought scan tool and it said that crankcase ventilation was off.changed oil and fuel filters.truck started ,but shut off .had truck towed to first Nissan dealer and was told it would be 2 weeks before they could look at it.had it towed to other dealer across town and they said it would be Thurs before they could look at it.service guy called next day and said tech had pulled codes and the crankcase ventilation and low fuel pressure.so I went in Fri and the service guy said that they had gotten the fuel pressure up but it was showing no oil pressure.
yesterday I went to dealer and service guy says that they found a leak in the fuel system and that were checking to see if def had gotten into fuel system-wtf and then he says that that would fall under neglect but he was pretty sure that once the tech finished his testing that it was almost going to be under warranty.
truck was bought in Oct 19 with just under 25k ,it now has just over 89k..truck has been great .I drive a lot and tow a trailer about 75 percent of the time.
anyone else had any issues?

·
615 Posts
There is literally nothing that can break that will cause DEF to get in the fuel system. I would take a seriously suspicious posture at this point, at the mere mention of DEF in the fuel.

Reactions: realbored and Vann5

·
96 Posts
Don’t let them dick you around, after the test comes back if they aren’t starting repairs, pay an attorney to make contact with them and explain that you aren’t going to let this get tied up in months of back and forth bullshit. They need to honor your warranty, not all dealerships are scumbags but in the four years I’ve had this truck and been seeing other fight this fight I’ve gathered that they are with great or complete shit heads

·
560 Posts
Beware almost all of the Nissan dealerships no longer have well trained diesel tech. The one that tell you two weeks is because the have to contact Nissan to get a tech and some will be somewhat honest and tell you they don’t have anybody to work on your truck.

·
39 Posts
Cowboystar. Dealerships didn't just fire the diesel mechanics on hand because they don't sell diesels now. My dealership in Florida has several diesel certified mechanicals. 4 of the mechanics there drive the Xd Diesel. 🙂 Just at dealership Wednesday and the service manager said I will be able to have my truck serviced by a certified diesel tech for at least the next five years. I'm not sure where you got your information from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts