Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
10 Posts
Bro I have 16 5.0 bought it at 19k miles in arkansas . I drove it with def for 3 months I loved the truck but felt like it was bogging down a lot . I do mainly weekend trips with fam . I deleted it with egr. Holy cow it is a totally different truck I have owned it for a year now and I haven’t had single trouble but blower motor . I do change my own oil and filters and I run rotella t6 . I get compliments all the time because of that trouble whistling bys .i have friends that have 6.7 Cummins or dmax . We do run every now and then I go head to head with em comparing the engine difference we have . Love my truck what I wanted does the work and lower note than if I bought a 6.7 or 6.6. Keep it maintained and enjoy the ride.

·
6 Posts
I have an 18' 5.0 with 35k miles, all stock. I read so many post's here and in FB groups about cranks snapping and pollution control hardware going out, etc. I am really thinking about upgrading but then that will affect my trade in when I get a new truck. I sell trailers for a living and I do pull a lot of trailers, the 5.0 does great for what I need out of it. Is the 5.0 that problematic? I really have no complaint about the truck, other than the small fuel tank. What does the PC stuff run when they do fail? I am really on the fence about the upgrade. It appears to run around 3k if I price it out correctly. I am looking at trading it in for a 5.6 truck but I doubt I would happy with its performance. I tried trading it in on a F250 and a Dodge 2500, the trade in these folks offered was laughable at best.
Like I said, I am the fence about this. On one hand, I read all this stuff and think I need to get rid of it. Then on the other hand, I think its just a very small percentage for the break downs.I really do enjoy my truck, it rides great, extremely comfortable. What are your thoughts on this subject?
I have a 2017 Pro4x. Deleted it the day I got it. 100k mile warranty is nice, but not having to worry about the problems the emission control parts will cause out weight the warranty to me. I haven’t had a single issue, knock on wood and I’ve got 46000 miles on it. I pull a 14’ dump trailer regularly loaded to the brim. Roughly 13000+ lbs when I have it loaded and my truck pulls it with no problem. I’m in GA so when I hit hills, it turns into the little engine that can. But aside from that, she’s a beast. If your worried about resale value, deleting will effect that, because the truck is no longer covered. But, The other day I was considering trading it in and getting a Ram 3500 to pull a gooseneck. Dealership offered me 37,500 for my truck which isn’t horrible. They’ve prob stick it on the lot for $41-42k and prob get $40k for it. Regardless, either way you go, you’ll be good

·
40 Posts
Keep it. It does what you want and does It well.

As my mother-in-law would saw "Don't Borrow Trouble."

The level of noise made on these forums about problems is greatly disproportionate to the number of problems that actually occur. Some people have problems and that sucks for sure, but there are a ton of these trucks out there just like yours, doing what they were made to do and happy to be doing it.

Emissions equipment difficulties exist across the board on new diesels, and some are having a far worse time of it than Nissan/Cummins, you aren't going to get away from it by jumping to another truck.

There will always be a segment of owners who buy a vehicle, it performs exactly like the factory specs foretell, but immediately the owner wants to remove mandatory equipment, "tune" it for more horsepower, get louder less restrictive exhaust, jack it up, throw big flashy wheels and tires on it, add more lights, etcetera etcetera. Doesn't mean the truck wasn't good, just means they have something else in mind they want to drive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I like your mother in law...hopefully you do too...keep it and carry on...100K warrenty...just curious what you were offered for a trade in???

·
66 Posts
2018 Titan XD. I deleted mine at 1K. Now at 7.5K with no issues. I run Amsoil filters and oil, gives me that imaginary sense of security. I love the truck.

·
66 Posts
OEM filters are the only way to go
I do OEM for the fuel filters but side by side comparison of the OEM oil filter and the Amsoil version, the Amsoil is larger and has more ports. Idk OEM are obviously fine but I’ve been buying Amsoil for years, the filter feels really good quality.

·
1 Posts
I have an 18' 5.0 with 35k miles, all stock. I read so many post's here and in FB groups about cranks snapping and pollution control hardware going out, etc. I am really thinking about upgrading but then that will affect my trade in when I get a new truck. I sell trailers for a living and I do pull a lot of trailers, the 5.0 does great for what I need out of it. Is the 5.0 that problematic? I really have no complaint about the truck, other than the small fuel tank. What does the PC stuff run when they do fail? I am really on the fence about the upgrade. It appears to run around 3k if I price it out correctly. I am looking at trading it in for a 5.6 truck but I doubt I would happy with its performance. I tried trading it in on a F250 and a Dodge 2500, the trade in these folks offered was laughable at best.
Like I said, I am the fence about this. On one hand, I read all this stuff and think I need to get rid of it. Then on the other hand, I think its just a very small percentage for the break downs.I really do enjoy my truck, it rides great, extremely comfortable. What are your thoughts on this subject?
I should keep it, i have my first experience wth Nissan Diésel and i way more comfortable, efficient and better quality interior than any american.

·
929 Posts
I do OEM for the fuel filters but side by side comparison of the OEM oil filter and the Amsoil version, the Amsoil is larger and has more ports. Idk OEM are obviously fine but I’ve been buying Amsoil for years, the filter feels really good quality.
All I can say is that if you have any issues you better swap an oem filter on it.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Amsoil filters are top quality, on par with Royal Purple and Wix. Dealership cannot deny warranty on the type of oil filter so long as it meets or exceeds the specifications the manufacturer dictates, which all premium filters do. Same with the oil, trans fluid, etc. The Amsoil filter is actually flow tested at 20 microns, which is smaller than any other I am aware of (most are 25 or 30 microns). I use Fleetguard simply because I have a stash of them and for the money I think they are fine, but if I was inclined to spend the money I would run an Amsoil filter with no hesitation. Same with a WIX or Royal Purple one. There are some good cutaway videos on YouTube comparing the various filter if you want more information.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I bailed on the 5.0 on black Friday. Bought a Pro4X XD gasser and like it so far. I hauled my Mustang to the drag strip today, not a heavy load by any means but it did pull better than I thought. I think in the long run I will be happier with this truck. Once I get it broke in, I am going to hook up to a heavy load and see how it does

·
66 Posts
out of curiosity, did they give you a generous amount for your trade?
I bailed on the 5.0 on black Friday. Bought a Pro4X XD gasser and like it so far. I hauled my Mustang to the drag strip today, not a heavy load by any means but it did pull better than I thought. I think in the long run I will be happier with this truck. Once I get it broke in, I am going to hook up to a heavy load and see how it does

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
out of curiosity, did they give you a generous amount for your trade?
They gave me pretty close to what my pay off was. Hell of a lot better than Ford/Dodge offered me.

·
40 Posts
just curious as to why you decided to bail...?

·
929 Posts
You do realize there is no break in on motors today right? These motors are broke in before they leave tr he factory

·
929 Posts
Say what you want, I've never broke any motor in. Hell the first 1k miles or so on my truck I towed a 12k lb load

·
886 Posts
Your really lost. Most people responding are new owners and you think they're going to say their trk sucks!! Other dealers won't give you a good price for trade in as they never did since the beginning of the XD diesel trk's existence, and never will. Though, don't know about the XD gasser trade in offers from the diff big three manufacturers. However, seems like they knew the diesel XD's future would fail from the onset. Your stuck with your XD trk so drive it till it falls apart, or eat the cost for a trade in to a different brand.

What's this up grade your talking about...Gas XD trk, LOL! That's not an upgrade, but granted the gasser engine is a proven one and won't let you down. Plus, Nissan will give you more foryour diesel trade in than you will ever see from a different manufactures new car lot.

·
495 Posts
21 - 40 of 58 Posts