Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
10 Posts
The feds have little impact on fuel prices beyond the federal fuel tax, which hasn't changed since '97(?). Fuel prices go up when supply is low and demand is high. Currently, supply is low (cold weather shutting down refineries, cartels keeping production low) while demand is high as we climb out of covid and start traveling more. If someone is telling you "it's the government", they're trying to play you for a fool.
Who do you think controls and influences the government, it's not their professional thoughts, feelings, trends or laws in what they want to do is right, it's lobbyists and how much money goes into their pockets from the lobbyists that influences them?
If they want to "regulate" something, then the both of them raise prices on the specific product to achieve the market/consumers from purchasing it because it would cost too much money to be worth purchasing it and they have put the new product into production. Therefore the product can be elimanted.
Just like to "Texas freeze" fuel prices have already been increased and will continue to rise because the refineries had to shut down. I'm sure that you are right and the petroleum companies will reduce the prices once they begin refining oil/fuel again to reduce their profits.

·
525 Posts
I've had my SL Midnight Cummins edition since 9-18, 12300 miles on it and still thinking hard about trading it in for a gasser, no issues yet except for the squirrels eating a couple of sensor cables, lol......
I don't see fossil fuels going away soon, but I do see the current government pricing them high from now on....
Yeah, I gotta jump on this train too. Aside from changing the amount of tax on the fuel the "Government" has no direct control over the price of fuel and with the last administrations actions even means of indirect influence were severely limited.

Some of the actions of our governments (local, state, & federal) have impacts on the cost of the vehicles themselves & the cost of maintaining them, & those should be our biggest concern. Takes a huge amount of fuel purchased over the life of the vehicle to make up for a $5-10,000 increase in sticker price. (Just like it isn't always more economical overall to buy a more expensive car that gets better gas mileage)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
269 Posts
I think if you are going to trade one fossil fuel for another it would be cause that Diesel engine has so many issues. Not cause the cost of a gallon.

·
10 Posts
I've waited and watched for many, many decades. That's how I know the feds have very, very little influence on the price at the pump.
I've waited and watched for many, many decades. That's how I know the feds have very, very little influence on the price at the pump.
wait and see what the "new green deal" does to the prices at the pump, I paid 2.96 yesterday,

·
412 Posts
wait and see what the "new green deal" does to the prices at the pump, I paid 2.96 yesterday,
The "new green deal" is a resolution, not a bill. It has ZERO enforcement. So you're blaming something that has zero affect on the price at the pump and ignoring the factors that do affect price at the pump. If someone is telling you the feds or the "new green deal" are affecting the price at the pump, you're being played.

·
10 Posts
The "new green deal" is a resolution, not a bill. It has ZERO enforcement. So you're blaming something that has zero affect on the price at the pump and ignoring the factors that do affect price at the pump. If someone is telling you the feds or the "new green deal" are affecting the price at the pump, you're being played.
man you have all the answers from all of the decades of experience that you have, its just my view point and I really don't care what happens cause you or I can't control it anyways, but I'm sure that you're well versed at controlling the cost, how has it worked for you so far?

·
412 Posts
Don't know why you think I have all the answers. The info on the "new green deal" is out there for everyone. As is the information on how little influence the feds have on the price at the pump.

I agree - we can't control the price at the pump beyond our personal impact on demand. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't gain knowledge about the process and just make things up.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts