Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.6 gas engine XD has 3.357 final drive with a 7 speed "HG" automatic transmission as standard on all non-Cummins models.
Click on "VIEW FULL SPECS" on the Nissan build site for any trim level and look at "mechanical".

·
15 Posts
Very cool! Also, much lower on the page shows that the gas versions will weigh about 700 lbs less than the diesel variants. Should make for a pretty impressive max payload!

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Average weight reduction (curb weight/base models) from diesel to gas version = 700lbs.
Example XD SL trim:
4×2 diesel 6876 lbs
4x2 Gas 6177 lbs
4x4 diesel 7153 lbs
4x4 GAS 6448 lbs

·
573 Posts
Wow impressive weight savings by just getting rid of the Aisin and Cummins. This has a 3.36 ratio and the QX80 was a 2.93. I would guess towing to be 10k-10.5k
Hope they don't lower the GVWR of the gas. Too bad the tank is still only 26 gal for the gas.

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow impressive weight savings by just getting rid of the Aisin and Cummins. This has a 3.36 ratio and the QX80 was a 2.93. I would guess towing to be 10k-10.5k
Hope they don't lower the GVWR of the gas. Too bad the tank is still only 26 gal for the gas.
I think the weight savings is from the Cummins and the 300lb exhaust system & def fluid. Not sure how much weight is saved with the different transmission.
I wish for a bigger gas tank as well. Hopefully the mileage improvement will help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts