Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been a lot of talk about the Cummins, but as there's no section to discuss the new gas V8 engine, I'll put this here.

A guy in another forum says this about the V8 available in the Titan XD (probably, eventually this will be the base engine with the diesel as an option?):

Just saw the HP/torque figures in a Motor Trend magazine: 420HP, 417 lb. ft. of torque. Might have these numbers reversed, but they're very close either way. With this kind of tune, I'd be willing to bet the redline is somewhere between 6500 to 7000.

Nice improvement over the 2004-2015 5.6 V8's 317HP and 385 lb. ft. of torque!
Definitely a more powerful gas V8, if true, with a lot more HP and very respectable torque. Would like to know where the torque peaks (rpm). Probably not very good mileage though.

·
120 Posts
I doubt through 6500 redline. It's just the I finiti 5.6 motor they are speculating. It's not just a tune to get the hp numbers up. Bigger throttle body, cams ecc. If you got titantalk.Com there are lots of guys getting bug gains out of the old 5.6. But it starts with motor work. Uprev alone can't get you to those numbers. I hope Nissan wakes up that gas program stat.

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right you are about the Infiniti. I just looked up the base 2015 Infinity QX80 5.6L stats at Truck Trend, and they are similar:
400HP @ 5800 rpm
413ft-lb @4000 rpm

(The 2015 Q70L bumps that HP up to 416.)

And they add:
The QX80’s 400hp V-8 is quite the performer as well, pushing this nearly 3-ton SUV to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds. However, that power comes at the cost of fuel economy, which is rated at 14 mpg city and 20 mpg highway.
But 20mpg highway is not that bad for such a powerful motor in a 3 ton vehicle. I get close to that with my EcoBoost F150.

Sounds like it would be a good match for the Titan XD if you don't want the Cummins.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
"If you don't want the cummins" said no one EVER! LMAO

J/K :)

Reactions: pyro404

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Bwahahahah!!!!

Reactions: Jackalope

·
158 Posts
I have the QX80 with the 5.6 400HP and a Crew Cab Pro4X 317HP (moded to 375HP) so there's a similar weight between the two. The Infinity is noticeably stronger towing a 6000# boat. I will however be getting the Cummins when available.

·
772 Posts
I have the QX80 with the 5.6 400HP and a Crew Cab Pro4X 317HP (moded to 375HP) so there's a similar weight between the two. The Infinity is noticeably stronger towing a 6000# boat. I will however be getting the Cummins when available.
lmao modded to 375? that on a dyno and to the wheels? cause to the wheels these titans get like 270 stock.

Airaid intake = ~15hp
Headers/tune/exhaust =~30hp
Cams, intake manifold then you might be getting up there.
@Jackalope

·
158 Posts
lmao modded to 375? that on a dyno and to the wheels? cause to the wheels these titans get like 270 stock.

Airaid intake = ~15hp
@Jackalope
Okay, let me clarify you say "like 270 stock". At wheels on dyno for mine was 293.2

Intake, headers, dual exhaust, tuned with cam, 358.7 at the wheels (375.4 at the crank)

5.6 IN QX80 400HP, SO NOT FAR OFF:grin2:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

Airaid intake = ~15hp
@Jackalope
Well at the wheels my Titan makes 324HP and 425TQ. So I think the number's look right on to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts