Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I towed the Wakesetter home from the warehouse with the XD yesterday and then switched to my wife's Armada (since we took all 4 kids) and went to the river. The Armada is a good vehicle, but towing it doesn't compare to the XD. It is literally like night and day. How I survived so long without a diesel is mind boggling. I will never not own one again.

·
570 Posts
This is more of a XD vs. Armada comparison than a 5.6L vs Cummins. Also, does the Armada have the gen 1 5.6L with the 5-speed or the gen 2 5.6L with the 7-speed?

·
1,979 Posts
This is more of a XD vs. Armada comparison than a 5.6L vs Cummins. Also, does the Armada have the gen 1 5.6L with the 5-speed or the gen 2 5.6L with the 7-speed?
Gen 1 with 5sp.

The new Q80 has the Gen 2 400hp on Premium Unleaded with 7sp

·
348 Posts
My 5.6 XD Pro4X has handled a 5k lb. trailer w/o WD hitch wonderfully, no sway, no bounce, plenty of torque and power to accelerate on hills, (what little hills we have here in central FL). My 04 Titan handled the same trailer, with a WD hitch, but the XD is a MUCH more comfortable, capable, stable and confident ride.

·
772 Posts
My 5.6 XD Pro4X has handled a 5k lb. trailer w/o WD hitch wonderfully, no sway, no bounce, plenty of torque and power to accelerate on hills, (what little hills we have here in central FL). My 04 Titan handled the same trailer, with a WD hitch, but the XD is a MUCH more comfortable, capable, stable and confident ride.
this is good to hear. 1st gen titans have power and usually the gearing is good enough, but it all could be more refined. seems like nissan stepped it up for the new gasser.

·
35 Posts

Thanks for this comment, there is almost a vacuum of information about the new gas truck. Please continue to give updates and info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts