Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed the 50 gallon tank by Titan? I have and it runs out of fuel with 1/4 left in the tank. Watched a YouTube vid today on the tanks and one guy posted the same thing. The engineer at Titan tanks said it was a low pressure pump problem. So I had it replaced, no difference. I hate to think I bought a 50 gallon tank and can only get 34 out of it!

·
1,311 Posts
Anyone installed the 50 gallon tank by Titan? I have and it runs out of fuel with 1/4 left in the tank. Watched a YouTube vid today on the tanks and one guy posted the same thing. The engineer at Titan tanks said it was a low pressure pump problem. So I had it replaced, no difference. I hate to think I bought a 50 gallon tank and can only get 34 out of it!
Someone else recently posted the same experience, almost sounds like too short of a feed line.

·
742 Posts
$1500 is a lot of money to get only 8 more gallons of useful fuel. Please keep us posted about what they say - I've been pondering this mod for a while but now will certainly hold off.

Reactions: Bubbabmerkin

·
633 Posts
I've been considering this tank as well and it would be nice to know it this is isolated to one person or if this is common with everyone who has this tank.

·
633 Posts
Do you have a link to this youtube video? I searched, but didn't see it.

·
742 Posts
I've been considering this tank as well and it would be nice to know it this is isolated to one person or if this is common with everyone who has this tank.
I would like to know this, too. Has anyone been able to determine whether this is a design flaw in the tank that affects everyone?

·
633 Posts
I emailed Titan Tank and they are aware of the problem, but he said it (truck not running on 1/4 tank of fuel) can happen with the stock tank. So, if you currently don’t have any issues, maybe you won’t with the larger one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
945 Posts
I emailed Titan Tank and they are aware of the problem, but he said it (truck not running on 1/4 tank of fuel) can happen with the stock tank. So, if you currently don’t have any issues, maybe you won’t with the larger one?

Anyone heard about the stock tank failing on a 1/4 tank reading, or experience this?
Not that your a news reporter, yet did he happen to say they're actively correcting the issue, or just let the issue go after his response to your question?
To me that kind of cash is a worthwhile expense for those that need a larger tank. However, taking a chance on anything not spot on but instead a hit or miss product, it just isn't worth the time thinking about pulling out the cash for it. Once you had fuel in it, you own it.

·
144 Posts
Anyone heard about the stock tank failing on a 1/4 tank reading, or experience this?
Not that your a news reporter, yet did he happen to say they're actively correcting the issue, or just let the issue go after his response to your question?
To me that kind of cash is a worthwhile expense for those that need a larger tank. However, taking a chance on anything not spot on but instead a hit or miss product, it just isn't worth the time thinking about pulling out the cash for it. Once you had fuel in it, you own it.
Maybe not directly at 1/4 but getting below it close to the red you can start experiencing starting problems from lack of fuel and yes, "running out. The best solution would be install a bean sump.

·
945 Posts
Maybe not directly at 1/4 but getting below it close to the red you can start experiencing starting problems from lack of fuel and yes, "running out. The best solution would be install a bean sump.
Wow, that's a first for me to hear about an XD tank with that issue. What was the dealership's fix? Anyone else??

Mine will suck the tank dry as a bone.

·
742 Posts
*deleted because I was wrong*

·
742 Posts

I think I found the info on this;

http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel...ls-titan-xd-diesel-trucks-for-fuel-gauge.aspx

Apparently there is a recall against 2016 models for a faulty assembly process that results in the fuel gauge indicating more fuel than there really is.

Reactions: options2
1 - 20 of 73 Posts