Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Air Lift springs is now offering a $75 Mail in rebate on qualifying purchases!

Luckily enough for us XD guys (picking mine up this weekend!!!! :grin2: ), the spring and compressor kits for our trucks qualify!

Check out the kits here!

I always see alot of guys searching for information on the load helper springs that Air Lift offers, and if you're on the fence, now's the time to buy! I know one of the first mods I plan on doing with my truck when I pick it up is a helper bag setup to keep it sitting level when I'm towing equipment trailers or my boat during the summer.

I plan on documenting every step of the install and doing a DIY while I'm at it if anyone would be interested in it!

For those who are unaware of the benefits of the load leveling bags, they provide:

Eliminated Squat

Reduces Poor Braking and Steering

Eliminates Poor Headlight Aim

Reduces Trailer Sway

Eliminates Rough Ride

Reduces Body Roll

Eliminates Bottoming Out

Overall, you enjoy a much safer and more comfortable ride while towing!

**Disclaimer**
These bags are not recommended to increase the towing capacity of the factory suspension, the purpose is to make the truck safer, and more comfortable when towing within the manufacturer recommended towing capacity.

Attachments

·
5 Posts
I don’t understand the install note that the 5000 and 5000 ultimates are only for the Cummins trucks. What’s different about the rear suspension on those vs gas?

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t understand the install note that the 5000 and 5000 ultimates are only for the Cummins trucks. What’s different about the rear suspension on those vs gas?
I'm not exactly sure of the differences on that, I'd say it more than likely has a totally different axle and spring setup being its the heavier duty model of everything. I'm sure it would be a little more obvious though if you were able to be under the truck looking at it!

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so after speaking directly with AirLift, the answer I got is as follows:

There is a sensor on the frame rail on the driver's side that interfere's with installation of the kit on the non-XD models. They have had some reports of people not having this sensor and the kits installs fine, but they haven't been able to come up with a 100% sure fire way to make it work. So they are advertised as only for the XD!

What I gather from that is, if you have the sensor and can come up with a way to move it, the kits should work just fine on non-XD models as well!

If there's anything else I can do or find out please let me know!

·
5 Posts
I was actually referring to the gas XD model, which I believe is the same as the Cummins XD except for power train and rear axle ratio. Why would they not fit the gas XD?

·
Vendor
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was actually referring to the gas XD model, which I believe is the same as the Cummins XD except for power train and rear axle ratio. Why would they not fit the gas XD?
So I gave them a call back today and they gave me the same answer about the sensor that's on the frame rail, they couldn't verify what sensor it is but apparently it's not there on the Diesel models...just the gas. My guess would be some sort of sensor for emissions related components.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts