Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I follow this forum a couple times a week and try to keep up with things. I know there were some others having issues with their AC, and recently I started having issues as well. My AC would just act weird. First, sometimes it would work perfectly - most of the time it did. Then sometimes it would not blow cold air, so I would crank up the climate control temp to 90F then back down to 60F and then (immediately) it would blow cold air. Then recently, I started getting it where it would blow cold air in some vents and warm air in others. I took a temp gun to each air vent and the difference in air temps from one vent to the other would vary by 15 degrees F, which is crazy. Then last week, I basically had no AC at all. With it getting consistently into the triple digits here in AZ, there was no way I could stand that going into the summer. So I took the truck in to get fixed. I'm at 80,000 miles and since I bought the 2016 model, didn't get the 100K B2B warranty like the 2017 and newer people did (ya, I know I got screwed). My warranty ran out 20K ago. It is what it is. However, I have noticed that when you pay for the repairs, they seem to get corrected quicker than warranty issues. My dealer I have been going to has been really good overall, no major complaints. The tech they have is good and gets things corrected on the first visit +90% of the time. Keep in mind, I've had no issues with power train which is my biggest concern. Ancillary issues like tail gate lock, AC, etc are a nuisance but not a big deal in my mind. IF the truck won't run due to an engine or power train issue, then that's a big deal.

So, got it fixed. no more issues. The correction was they replaced the "actuator assembly - air mix" code was 27732-EZ03B. Report says they also replaced the drivers air mix motor. Parts were ~$110, labor ~$300. Total - ~$410. But it works correctly now. This issue has been ongoing for over a year and I should have gotten it repaired under warranty, so I blame myself for letting it go that long.

If you are having issues with your AC, this is the fix. My service rep (who is excellent by the way) said this is a known issue they were familiar with.

·
1,261 Posts
Ok, so I follow this forum a couple times a week and try to keep up with things. I know there were some others having issues with their AC, and recently I started having issues as well. My AC would just act weird. First, sometimes it would work perfectly - most of the time it did. Then sometimes it would not blow cold air, so I would crank up the climate control temp to 90F then back down to 60F and then (immediately) it would blow cold air. Then recently, I started getting it where it would blow cold air in some vents and warm air in others. I took a temp gun to each air vent and the difference in air temps from one vent to the other would vary by 15 degrees F, which is crazy. Then last week, I basically had no AC at all. With it getting consistently into the triple digits here in AZ, there was no way I could stand that going into the summer. So I took the truck in to get fixed. I'm at 80,000 miles and since I bought the 2016 model, didn't get the 100K B2B warranty like the 2017 and newer people did (ya, I know I got screwed). My warranty ran out 20K ago. It is what it is. However, I have noticed that when you pay for the repairs, they seem to get corrected quicker than warranty issues. My dealer I have been going to has been really good overall, no major complaints. The tech they have is good and gets things corrected on the first visit +90% of the time. Keep in mind, I've had no issues with power train which is my biggest concern. Ancillary issues like tail gate lock, AC, etc are a nuisance but not a big deal in my mind. IF the truck won't run due to an engine or power train issue, then that's a big deal.

So, got it fixed. no more issues. The correction was they replaced the "actuator assembly - air mix" code was 27732-EZ03B. Report says they also replaced the drivers air mix motor. Parts were ~$110, labor ~$300. Total - ~$410. But it works correctly now. This issue has been ongoing for over a year and I should have gotten it repaired under warranty, so I blame myself for letting it go that long.

If you are having issues with your AC, this is the fix. My service rep (who is excellent by the way) said this is a known issue they were familiar with.
Great write up! Now I have something concrete to show my service tech. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

Just got my AC worked on, seems to be another one that was low on coolant from the factory. I have had it back for a few days and it still seems to act weird, going to bring this up with them and see if this makes it better. Thanks

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got my AC worked on, seems to be another one that was low on coolant from the factory. I have had it back for a few days and it still seems to act weird, going to bring this up with them and see if this makes it better. Thanks
FYI - I took mine in a year ago for "low coolant". It didn't fix the issue - well it made it slightly better but still didn't completely fix it. I just dealt with it as it wasn't that big of a deal to me at the time. It kept getting worse and worse, then I was out of warranty, and they didn't dig deeper into it when I had it in a year ago. They just added more coolant and sent me on my way. This time, they fixed it...., to the tune of $411 in their pocket. I use my truck for work, so ultimately I expense the repair costs. Regardless, should have been fixed before. I just didn't make a big enough stink when I should have.

My advice, get it in now and get it done right. They didn't fix it right if they just added refrigerant, guaranteed. Let them know more about what it is doing and what we did for the fix. Mine works perfectly now.

·
616 Posts

This was an issue on the prior generation Titans and Armadas as well... the blend door mechanisms are a terrible design on all of these trucks and are prone to failure. Cheap nylon bushings in everything are destined for failure, especially with temperature cycling. I don't know what they were thinking except to cut cost at any expense.

·
53 Posts
I am having the same exact issues. Do you have the " Drivers Air Mix Motor " part number by chance? Very nice write up btw. Thank you for taking the time.

·
62 Posts
A/C Fix - DIY?

Has anyone replaced the blend door components themselves? Any write-ups/tutorials you are aware of?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
TBPs,
thanks for sharing, looked up the one Part # 27732-EZ03B online Nissan Parts, it's called (Door Actuator,Adjust Motor, Actuator Assembly-Air Mix) some names given $47.41
Another part may have been replaced called Adjust Motor Part # 27732-EZ03A $47.71 this replace 27732-EZ00A Air Mix Door
Some Online Nissan parts suppliers (dealerships) are showing the 27732-EZ03B Door Actuator- replaced 27732-3SB0A , $48.31,
There is a control module as well 27761-4BA0A $81.27

Maybe if you get a chance, you could list any other part numbers they replaced to fix the issue.. Appreciate your sharing..

Ric

·
142 Posts
Driver side Blend door actuator. Under 50 bucks from most dealerships or Nissanpartsdeal.com.

Drivers ride kicker panel by the right foot pops off. Pull the electrical plug. I think 2 maybe 3 screws and it falls right out. Put the new one in plug it in and run with it. !0 minutes.

·
62 Posts
Thank you Sir. I'll give that a go. Was hoping that the replacement wouldn't involve and extensive dismantle of the dash so your information is welcome.

·
75 Posts
Yep, right by the gas/fuel pedal. Black square box with a white "arm" on it. Two phillips screws, one electrical plug, and snap her right in.

Some said the dealer needs to program it. Dealer installed mine, but it still didn't work, come to find out they didn't even plug the **** thing in. I pulled it and put it back in and plugged it in and it's good to go.

·
1,261 Posts
Yep, right by the gas/fuel pedal. Black square box with a white "arm" on it. Two phillips screws, one electrical plug, and snap her right in.

Some said the dealer needs to program it. Dealer installed mine, but it still didn't work, come to find out they didn't even plug the **** thing in. I pulled it and put it back in and plugged it in and it's good to go.
So, what is the part number for this electronic box? I want to order one ASAP...

·
6 Posts
I had the Drivers cAtuator replaced under warranty several months ago. 2 Things still exist. 1. rear vent blows hot air when front blows cold air. 2. Just finished a roadtrip and late in a days travels, say 4+ hours the AC wouldn't blow cold without being set at 62 degrees or so. Same thing happened on the way back. Turning off the whole ting waiting 5 minutes seemed to help. Anyone else having these issues?

·
1,261 Posts
I had the Drivers cAtuator replaced under warranty several months ago. 2 Things still exist. 1. rear vent blows hot air when front blows cold air. 2. Just finished a roadtrip and late in a days travels, say 4+ hours the AC wouldn't blow cold without being set at 62 degrees or so. Same thing happened on the way back. Turning off the whole ting waiting 5 minutes seemed to help. Anyone else having these issues?
Yeah, but mine wont fixitself by shutting it off or turning the temp down

Reactions: sunman71

·
53 Posts
I wanted to update this thread. I replaced the air actuator assembly under the dash, near the floorboard on the drivers side, I changed it to part# 27732-EZ03B . Interesting the box has B at the end, the actuator had BV at the end. It seems to help with the mix better. It was like $50.00 for it. Also the 62 to 61 degree dropoff is not a pronounced. It is still there, just not such a huge drop. I just did this a few days ago. We will see.

Reactions: Branog

·
20 Posts
About 3 weeks ago, on a trip to New Mexico, my 2017 (with 21,000 miles) began blowing hot air out of driver side while set at anything over about 62 degrees. Passenger side seemed to be putting out warm air as called for, about 78 degrees. I was on sunny side of truck, headed west, so I needed to be quite a bit cooler that my wife on shady side of cab. If I reduced temperature on driver side to lowest setting of 60, I would get cool air. (not running air con, its winter!) Waited till I returned home to take to local dealer, suspecting a driver side mixer problem. 1 hour later, new mixer installed, no muss no fuss. Point of my story, not just an AC problem.

·
1 Posts

Thanks for the write up. My 2017 Titan XD Platinum Diesel is having AC issues. Last Winter it had similar issues. Intermittent, but now more common place. Today, passenger side AC blowing at 68, driver side 80. I will bring it in in a week. This is identical to the issues you were having. Thanks again.

·
21 Posts
Hmmm, I'm having similar issues intermittently as well. Definitely seems to like to act up on longer trips. I think I'll be bringing my temp gun with me on tomorrows trip.

·
2 Posts
I have tried to fix ac after I have read forums and broke it even worst. Omg, dude, this is terrible, I understand you so well. Well, I had let's say a bad period half a year ago. I noticed that my air conditioner at home works so badly, it wasn't blowing at all some days, then my car also broke, something with a motor and also my air conditioner in the car. I felt like I am dead inside? really. Thanks to all guys that helped me figure it out: with air conditioner at home https://www.socool.sg/ helped me, then with the car issues my brother and uncle who have a car service got me a hand. It's nice when you have such help.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts