Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
As the weather has begun to warm, I noticed the ac wasn't cool. Did a thread search and found this thread. Before ordering the part, I took the tire lock key out of the console and gave the actuator a couple of good taps. The truck was running and I was able to hear the actuator click. Air is back ice cold. Not sure how long it will last but give it a shot if your ac is acting up.

·
45 Posts
Driver side was cool to warm and the passenger was ice cold.
Found this thread, bought the part, installed and wallah; ice cold once more.

Thank you for posting and feedback on this thread!
This saved me hours and hundreds of dollars!!

Thank you!!

·
5 Posts
With it getting consistently into the triple digits here in AZ, there was no way I could stand that going into the summer. So I took the truck in to get fixed. I'm at 80,000 miles and since I bought the 2016 model, didn't get the 100K B2B warranty like the 2017 and newer people did (ya, I know I got screwed). My warranty ran out 20K ago. It is what it is. However, I have noticed that when you pay for the repairs, they seem to get corrected quicker than warranty issues. My dealer I have been going to has been really good overall, no major complaints. The tech they have is good and gets things corrected on the first visit +90% of the time. Keep in mind, I've had no issues with power train which is my biggest concern. Ancillary issues like tail gate lock, AC, etc are a nuisance but not a big deal in my mind. IF the truck won't run due to an engine or power train issue, then that's a big deal.

So, got it fixed. no more issues. The correction was they replaced the "actuator assembly - air mix" code was 27732-EZ03B. Report says they also replaced the drivers air mix motor. Parts were ~$110, labor ~$300. Total - ~$410. But it works correctly now. This issue has been ongoing for over a year and I should have gotten it repaired under warranty, so I blame myself for letting it go that long.

If you are having issues with your AC, this is the fix. My service rep (who is excellent by the way) said this is a known issue they were familiar with.
[/QUOTE]

What Nissan dealership did you go to ? Just got my Titan and want to know the best one in AZ to go to!

·
5 Posts
Ok, so I follow this forum a couple times a week and try to keep up with things. I know there were some others having issues with their AC, and recently I started having issues as well. My AC would just act weird. First, sometimes it would work perfectly - most of the time it did. Then sometimes it would not blow cold air, so I would crank up the climate control temp to 90F then back down to 60F and then (immediately) it would blow cold air. Then recently, I started getting it where it would blow cold air in some vents and warm air in others. I took a temp gun to each air vent and the difference in air temps from one vent to the other would vary by 15 degrees F, which is crazy. Then last week, I basically had no AC at all. With it getting consistently into the triple digits here in AZ, there was no way I could stand that going into the summer. So I took the truck in to get fixed. I'm at 80,000 miles and since I bought the 2016 model, didn't get the 100K B2B warranty like the 2017 and newer people did (ya, I know I got screwed). My warranty ran out 20K ago. It is what it is. However, I have noticed that when you pay for the repairs, they seem to get corrected quicker than warranty issues. My dealer I have been going to has been really good overall, no major complaints. The tech they have is good and gets things corrected on the first visit +90% of the time. Keep in mind, I've had no issues with power train which is my biggest concern. Ancillary issues like tail gate lock, AC, etc are a nuisance but not a big deal in my mind. IF the truck won't run due to an engine or power train issue, then that's a big deal.

So, got it fixed. no more issues. The correction was they replaced the "actuator assembly - air mix" code was 27732-EZ03B. Report says they also replaced the drivers air mix motor. Parts were ~$110, labor ~$300. Total - ~$410. But it works correctly now. This issue has been ongoing for over a year and I should have gotten it repaired under warranty, so I blame myself for letting it go that long.

If you are having issues with your AC, this is the fix. My service rep (who is excellent by the way) said this is a known issue they were familiar with.
So what AZ Nissan dealer should I go to that has been so helpful ? Just want a future reference on these trucks

·
1 Posts
I started having similar issues with my 2017 titan this week, it's still under warranty so I called dealer and took it in, they said it was a known problem they are having and replaced actuator under warranty. Nissan is aware but hasnt issued a recall for it, I guess they aren't willing to let folks know is a faulty part and make it right, glad I was still under warranty or would probably have had to come out of pocket.

·
255 Posts
$50.00 part. two screws and an electrical plug, just to the right of the gas pedal. Took me all of 3 minutes to replace mine.

·
1 Posts
Oh yes, a familiar problem, as one person wrote earlier, lucky if there is an opportunity to go through the guarantees. I remember I had a very funny incident. A friend of mine worked at Chemical Aircon Overhaul Price, Reasons & Benefits | Marvellous Aircon Servicing Singapore. His superiors told him to take the car and hand it over under guarantees due to a malfunction of some kind, and gave him the documents of the car. At that time I just asked him to give me a lift home, because he was on the way. We decided to take a break and go for a bite to eat. Everything would be fine, but for some reason this genius took the documents for a break, and left them in a cafe ... We had almost gone, when a man ran out to us and handed us the documents, my friend's face was something with something. He would have been blown away by the authorities and a good fine for the loss of documents, it's good that everything worked out)

·
1 Posts
Ok, so I follow this forum a couple times a week and try to keep up with things. I know there were some others having issues with their AC, and recently I started having issues as well. My AC would just act weird. First, sometimes it would work perfectly - most of the time it did. Then sometimes it would not blow cold air, so I would crank up the climate control temp to 90F then back down to 60F and then (immediately) it would blow cold air. Then recently, I started getting it where it would blow cold air in some vents and warm air in others. I took a temp gun to each air vent and the difference in air temps from one vent to the other would vary by 15 degrees F, which is crazy. Then last week, I basically had no AC at all. With it getting consistently into the triple digits here in AZ, there was no way I could stand that going into the summer. So I took the truck in to get fixed. I'm at 80,000 miles and since I bought the 2016 model, didn't get the 100K B2B warranty like the 2017 and newer people did (ya, I know I got screwed). My warranty ran out 20K ago. It is what it is. However, I have noticed that when you pay for the repairs, they seem to get corrected quicker than warranty issues. My dealer I have been going to has been really good overall, no major complaints. The tech they have is good and gets things corrected on the first visit +90% of the time. Keep in mind, I've had no issues with power train which is my biggest concern. Ancillary issues like tail gate lock, AC, etc are a nuisance but not a big deal in my mind. IF the truck won't run due to an engine or power train issue, then that's a big deal.

I just replaced the drivers side actuator which seemed to help a little but still the actuator doesn't seem to be able to open the actual door when I turn the heat past 85 degrees.

Any ideas??

21 - 28 of 28 Posts