Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wAfFJ5CXSE

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but if it is.... moderators please delete.

We haven't seen the truck yet, but at least this shows us the frame. Any engineers out there with any comments?

This came from this article http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2016-nissan-titan-isv-cummins-turbo-diesel-teased-ahead-of-detroit-debut-video-photo-gallery-90185.html
Not sure why the author mentions 28mpg. I would be amazed if the Titan could attain that mileage with the Cummins, but I guess anything is possible.

·
857 Posts
seen that as well, had a feeling around now is when they would have dropped a teaser and finally it's here.
Not much of a teaser but still better than nothing.

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are many differences in the newer shot, including the exhaust system and the holes in the crossmembers, but you are right. The frame itself appears to be nearly identical. We'll know a lot more in 25 days.

·
37 Posts
Steel strength can make a big difference. I am not sure if this is really the case here. Ford, however is claiming "high strength steel" for 2015 model.

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably the most noteworthy piece of that video is the fact that it has been removed.

·
340 Posts
There are many differences in the newer shot, including the exhaust system and the holes in the crossmembers, but you are right. The frame itself appears to be nearly identical. We'll know a lot more in 25 days.
I think those may just be differences in mounting points for the body..

·
608 Posts
The two look similar but they are not identical. For example, one of the cross bars in the middle of the new frame has some holes in it on the side closer to the top of the photo. That same is not on the older Titan frame picture. I think there are differences they are jst hard to spot outright.

·
37 Posts
The two look similar but they are not identical. For example, one of the cross bars in the middle of the new frame has some holes in it on the side closer to the top of the photo. That same is not on the older Titan frame picture. I think there are differences they are jst hard to spot outright.
The strength of any frame depends on the depth of the members. Although the frames looks almost identical from the top, the side view comparison would help to answer the question if the frame was beefed up. In a week or so we will know all the details. Happy New Year to everyone.

·
340 Posts
I'm anxious for dimensions... And if there will be a reg cab/short box... ok maybe not anxious, curious about...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts