Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its fair to consider the new Titan as two new trucks. The ISV equipped XD and the regular Titan 1500.

The Cummins ISV will only be available in the XD, the regular 1500 will get gasoline 6 and 8 options.

Titan XD utilizes a stronger frame/chassis for igher payload/towing. How and why has not been disclosed yet.

·
55 Posts
Nissan is clearly trying to split two segments with the XD. How much of a market is there legitimately between H/T and HD???

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Nissan is clearly trying to split two segments with the XD. How much of a market is there legitimately between H/T and HD???
For a while Ford had the F-250 that was built on the F150 chassis and body. GM also had the 1500HD, which was in between the 1500 and the 2500 and also having 8-lugs.

I would say there is. In the industry I previously worked in, there were plenty of guys who owned 2500-3500 trucks just to get the diesel engine. Many of them admitted that the full-size pickup was more than they needed. Most had a tool box and a fuel tank for equipment and that's all they would do. Some companies did the same job with gas-pot half tons but they would get rat bagged rather quickly. Something in between and diesel should do very well here in Canada. The other advantage of diesel is when you run diesel powered equipment, it makes sense to have all your vehicles standardized on one fuel.

·
492 Posts
I will be waiting for something different. I need a shorter wheelbase for my off road adventures.
Maybe the new 1500 series King Cab with a 400 HP V8 and hopefully no ugly Cummins badge like they put on the XD. It looks like it was designed by a committee.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For a while Ford had the F-250 that was built on the F150 chassis and body. GM also had the 1500HD, which was in between the 1500 and the 2500 and also having 8-lugs.

I would say there is. In the industry I previously worked in, there were plenty of guys who owned 2500-3500 trucks just to get the diesel engine. Many of them admitted that the full-size pickup was more than they needed. Most had a tool box and a fuel tank for equipment and that's all they would do. Some companies did the same job with gas-pot half tons but they would get rat bagged rather quickly. Something in between and diesel should do very well here in Canada. The other advantage of diesel is when you run diesel powered equipment, it makes sense to have all your vehicles standardized on one fuel.
Could you guys run dyed diesel?

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Could you guys run dyed diesel?
Legally, no. However the company I worked for and the companies we contracted to all ran marked diesel in their tanks anyways. If you have a farm plate though, you can run marked fuel on road though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts